fourteen

it's been a while.
my mental health has been bad and then ive been super sick the past week not to mention ive been working a ton.

but IM BACK.
I missed you guys SO much.

she knew.

mackenzie knew that billie knew but neither of them actually said anything.

billie was just asking questions about her work and who's she's worked with.

"what's your favourite tattoo you've done?"

"ive spoken to a few celebs who you've worked with, who's the worst one?"

"what's your favourite tattoo you've ever done?"

"how long have you had this studio?"

"do you only work here?"

"have you always wanted to be a tattoo artist?"

the questions keep coming and mackenzie answered them, asking her own.

but then she got the question she feared the most.

"why don't you have any tattoos?"

almost everyone asks her this and she gives a different answer this time.

but mackenzie didn't want to lie to billie.

"I do have some, they're just in places you can't see" mackenzie smirks, dipping the needle back into the ink.

"so it's not because of your instagram account?"

mackenzie looks up, lifting the gun from billies skin and is at a loss for words.

she wasn't expecting that.

"uh" mackenzie clears her throat "yeah that too"

tattoos are easily recognisable and with millions of followers, she knew that if she showed any of the tattoos she has, they'd connect the dots and figure out who she is.

and mackenzie wanted to keep herself a secret.

she wanted to keep herself safe.

"so what tattoos do you have?"

"I have eight which are either hidden in my underwear or can be easily hidden or edited. I do have plans for tons more though"

"you tryna show me?"

"so you're as horny in real life, huh"

"hell yeah" billie scrunches her face up and mackenzie lifts the gun. "you good?"

"imma be real, it's hurting so bad dude"

"we've got quite a lot of work left to do. you can tap out if you need too"

"I ain't a pussy" she might be saying this but mackenzie knew how much billie was struggling.

her tics were getting worse and her leg was twitching.

"look we can take a break and see how you feel once laura gets back"

"but I don't wanna be annoying"

"you're not I promise" mackenzie turns her machine off and places it down, pulling off her gloves. "it's a big piece and is in a painful place. to say you're having a bad tic day, you've done so well"

"okay, if I tap out, when will I need to come back?"

"it'll take a while longer to heal but I would probably re-book you in six weeks. is that okay?"

"laura has my schedule so we'll check when she comes back"

"no worries" mackenzie grabs her water bottle and there's a knock on the door.