The bus

I boarded the rusty bus to see no driver. All I saw was a poppy on the seat and all at once, the bus lurched forward. I then started my walk down the aisle and the farther I went the closer to the darkness I got. When I took my seat at the very back there was a sense of being alone again and my mind started to ponder. I was thinking back to what I thought I did today and what was happening, it was a wierd sensation. I thought back to that single grave stone and that red poppy. I knew there was something to it that I wasn't seeing.

In my mind I always feel at home but yet now I wasn't feeling at home. I looked out the window and I saw the old barn from down the road in pieces with red poppies growing all around it. I then think back to the red poppy in my pocket but when I felt for it in my pocket, it was no where to be found. I looked out the window again to then see the window cracking as we traveled down the road. The window shattered into pieces and in that moment I knew I needed to get off this bus.

I jump out of my seat just to be launched into the back of the bus where the emergency door is. I look frantically toward my seat and using all my might pull myself back onto it. The bus speeds up more and more until everything is just a blur of what the outside world looks like, I see the sun for one moment and seconds later the moon. I start my advance to the drivers seat by climbing the seats as it steadily increases in speed. I reached the seat to see just that red poppy, still there with all of its might and still looking as beautiful as a I remember it. I get myself into a position to slam the breaks and then, with all of my might hit the breaks. It sends me flying out shattering the glass of the emergency door in the back and in the moment I thought to myself, goodbye cruel world that I tried so hard to know...