chapter 6

'well this is my class y/n, see you at lunch?' Eddie said as we reached a door.

'see ya' i say before promptly walking away.

why am i so nervous around him? i just can't figure that out. its not like i like him or something.

boys don't like boys. i'm not gay. Eddie certainly is not gay.

i look at my timetable to see what lesson i have next. ugh. english. i find my class pretty easily as it is quite near.

(time skip to after english)

i walk out the english classroom looking at my timetable. i have to concentrate at the paper as i had been sleeping through most of english, i hadn't fully woken up yet.

i have gym next. why.

i am a pretty sporty person, i used to do a lot of sports in my old school but i'm just exhausted today.

i walk to the gym changing rooms and get changed.

suddenly a boy walks up next to me.

'hey i'm Lucas' he says. he looks friendly enough, but i think he is one of Jason's friends. i hope he hasn't come to be rude.

'i'm y/n'

'i saw you sat with mike and dustin at break, they are nice, been friends with them since we were really young.'

'really? yeah they do seem nice'

'Eddie can be weird sometimes, don't worry, but he really isn't as scary as people think he is'

'yeah i know, he's actually pretty nice' i laughed.

'Sinclair!' i heard someone shout from the other side of the changing rooms.
'you coming or not?' it was also another one of Jason's friends. this one didn't seem as nice.

'alright y/n, see you later?'

'yeah, bye'

i put my top on and walked outside, following where Lucas just walked out.

'alright guys, we will be playing soccer today, so pick your teams and let's go' said the gym teacher.

everyone picked their team and Lucas gestured for me to come on his team before i saw mike and dustin.

'i hate gym so much' said dustin

'yeah, i wish we could not do it like in middle school' Mike said.

they saw me and waved.

'hey y/n, come join this team!' they both said.

i felt bad for leaving Lucas but he seemed alright with his friends.

i mouthed a sorry and made my way over to mike and dustin.

he just shrugged as if to say it's alright.

i could tell what the teams were like though. the opposite team, the 'sporty' ones, and my team the 'non sporty' ones.

i'm pretty good at soccer though so i'm not too worried.

the other team kicked off and were passing it around them for a bit. no one on my team were moving so i decided to run after the ball myself and try to tackle them.

i ran up to one of them and just as they tried to run past me a managed to stick my foot in and take the ball of them.

i dribbled the ball past about 3 of there players until i was quite close to the goal, and as i got there i passed it across to a boy i didn't know, to give them a chance of scoring. i didn't want to be a show off.

the boy completely missed the ball and it went rolling off to the side of the pitch.

the same thing happened a few times until i shot the ball instead of passing.

it curled right into the top corner. everyone one my team cheered

(time skip to the end of class)

i swilled my body in the shower, i didn't want to have a proper shower but i was quite sweaty.

i got dressed thinking about the game.

i had scored two more after that and Lucas scored one more for the other team. the overall score was 3-1 to my team.

everyone else was thrilled, they had never won before.

as i was walking out of the changing room the gym teacher pulled me aside.

'that was great y/n, would you maybe consider trying out for the soccer team?'

'i'll consider it' i say and walk away.

i didn't want to give him false hope, but i did like soccer and i would maybe join the team if Jason wasn't in it.

he most likely was though. i wondered why i hadn't seen him all day, he must've hurt his hand punching that locker. silly him.

i was walking down the corridor as i felt a hand on my shoulder.

'i wouldn't have thought of you to be sporty y/n' said Eddie, smiling that cute dimply smile of his.

'what's that supposed to mean?' i laughed

'is that a bad thing?'

'no haha. your really good though, you should try out for the team.'

'i don't know. the teacher asked me but i said i'll consider it. i'm not doing it if Jason is.'

'so you know Jason already then?'

'yeah, i watched him punch a locker.' it wasn't exactly true, i didn't tell Eddie how he was trying to punch me but it was funnier that way.

'ah, ok then' he smiled again.

aghh his smile! i need to stop thinking that. stop y/n.

'how were you watching anyway?' i said realising how he could have known i was playing soccer.

'well, i was also meant to have gym last, but i normally just skip. not a big fan of sports.'

'i am.'

'yeah i can tell that much.' he laughed

i laughed with him. i felt happy with Eddie.

that was pretty long lol.

also let's just pretend that y/n, eddie, mike, dustin, and eddie's friends are all 17 (the same age) it's easier to write like that.

also it pains me to write soccer instead of football lol (i'm english) but hey ho.

i might not put so much detail into the next few chapters because this is going so slow. it's already chapter 6 and hardly anything's happened lol.

do you think i should speed it up a bit?

thanks for readinggg