|6|

𝗍і𝗍ᥣᥱ: 𝗍һᥱ ᥣoᥒgᥱs𝗍 ᥴᥲrძ gᥲmᥱ іᥒ 𝗍һᥱ һіs𝗍orᥡ o𝖿 𝗍һᥱ ᥕorᥣძ
ᥕorძ ᥴoᥙᥒ𝗍: 6k
ᥕᥲrᥒіᥒgs: ᥒ/ᥲ
ძᥲ𝗍ᥱ ⍴ᥙᑲᥣіsһᥱძ: ȷᥙᥒᥱ 13𝗍һ, 2023
——————

When Draco woke up on November first, he had butterflies in his stomach and his heart was pounding in his chest. Memories from the night before had been playing over and over in his mind all night, and he had barely slept at all.

He was exhausted, but though it was a Saturday and he had the option to sleep in, he decided that instead of trying fruitlessly to rest, he would brave the day and try to catch a glimpse of Potter.

Potter! Who was going to grow a beard, apparently...?

Draco didn't have time to dwell on Potter's upcoming facial hair transformations. He had to figure out how he was going to fit all of last night into one letter for Pansy without overstuffing the envelope. They hadn't seen each other since the night of Astoria's wedding, and Draco was going through serious withdrawal. Perhaps he would invite her to Hogsmeade. The students were going later that afternoon, so he would have to chaperone anyways; he might as well have fun while there.

Draco rolled out of bed, ignoring the head rush, and moved about starting his day. He figured that getting ready would be a good first course of action, and took to picking out his outfit for the day.

Never in his career as a professor had Draco spent a lot of time rifling through his wardrobe, but lately he was having a hard time picking out clothes that looked just right. He blamed Potter and his stupid green eyes for his indecision. Draco spent far too much time worrying about what Potter's opinions of his outfits were, and it was beginning to become a bit of an issue.

After finally selecting something to wear (those grey slacks that Theo had complemented a few months back, a white button down, and his new dragon hide boots) Draco ventured to the adjoining bathroom. He turned on the shower and let steam fill the room. It was so lovely having a bathroom all to himself that he couldn't not go all out every time he showered.

Draco brushed his teeth while the mirror fogged up, and by the time he had finished he could no longer see his reflection. He decided that that meant his shower was ready, and stripped off his pyjamas—the set was a gift from Pansy; they were green with snakes on them. He practically leapt into the shower with glee, and began his usual procedure of lathering himself with soap.

Draco took a good twenty-minute shower, the majority of which he spent staring at the wall and letting the hot water cascade over his body. After he had hopped out, he applied his hair potions and lotion.

The outfit looked spectacular, he decided once it was on. Draco gave himself a once over in the mirror that only reaffirmed his thought again. Yes, this was the one. Draco gathered some parchment, a quill, and an inkwell into his arms before heading to the Great Hall for breakfast.

There was a spread of various breakfast foods on the staff table, and Draco chose to pair some waffles with strawberries and a bit of icing sugar. He used his wand to cut the waffles into bite sized pieces, and began eating. Delicious.

It didn't seem as though Potter had graced the Great Hall with his presence yet. Draco supposed that it would have been a taxing night on Potter's mind, so perhaps he deserved to sleep in. Draco couldn't dwell on that for too long. He had to draft his letter to Pansy so that he could stop at the Owlery on his way back.

He began scribbling away at the paper, writing pleasantries and summarizing his last few days very briefly, before inviting her to spend time at the Three Broomsticks for a quick lunch and some Butterbeer.