When There Is Conflict, There Are Two

This kingdom full of cookies was always in conflict with each other, there were things that everyone agreed upon, whilst others denied thinking the same way. This sort of thing sometimes led to war, which was something not a lot of cookies agreed with. It was a conflict that made every cookie scared deep in their dough. The cookie kingdom of Earthbread was full of good and bad cookies combined; some are more nice, and others... more cruel.

This was something that was true... Dark Enchantress Cookie always wanted to have conflicts between the Vanilla Kingdom and the Mountains. She wanted them to be in peril. What else could she desperately want?

To succeed.

This... this was her plan to take control of Earthbread, even if it was one of the more cruel plans she had up her sleeve. However, this plan was found out by two generals of either side of Earthbread: one from the Vanilla Kingdom and one from the Mountains.

This led to a rivalry between the two generals. They didn't have anything against each other, it was just the fact that the two places were supposed rivals of all of Earthbread. The rumors about their rivalry being more than just a rivalry led to an uproar in both the Vanilla Kingdom and in the Mountains. Whatever for?

Cookies just wanted to know if their rivalry was true, or if this was all staged.. It wasn't likely just something cookies would make up. If a cookie hated another, they would be honest about it. The question was, why were they gossiped about so much?

No cookie really knew why they were bringing this up when a war was bound to dawn upon them within a few days, or even at sunrise. Not only did they spread gossip about the two generals, but they also spread some about why they were rivals, relating to the Vanilla Kingdom and the Mountains.

What no cookie knew is that it was just the relationship between the two generals' that led to their rivalry, as well as it being the fact the two places on Earthbread were normally against one another. It definitely would get every cookie's attention if they found out about this.

When it actually came to the two generals–Crunchy Chip Cookie and Red Velvet Cookie–they were only rivals because of the relations with their homes on Earthbread; nothing more, nothing less. The rumors even got to them... and they were not happy when they caught word of it.

War was not something cookies should worry about other than the people who are supposed to handle it.

What exactly was Dark Enchantress Cookie planning? No cookie actually knew what she was thinking in that jam brain of hers. Maybe it was all so she could take over control of Earthbread. Maybe it was so she could get revenge on Red Velvet for leaving the dark cookies behind. She considered that betrayal and this was the only way she thought of.

Get him involved in a war that he never asked for or wanted. Just something to pester him a little to the point he'll come crawling back to her. Oh, how she hoped for this to be a success.

Causing an apocalypse on Earthbread. That will surely do it, won't it?

This apocalypse will be filled with so much malice, that they'll never see it coming.

                                                                                        * * * * *

The generals both had their own headquarters. Red Velvet's was in the Vanilla Kingdom, while Crunchy Chip's was in the Mountains. One was more of a clean-freak with a soft side for Cakehounds and the other... a stern, messy general who just wanted most of his army to be independent.

General Red Velvet's room was quiet and a little cold, but it was clean. He couldn't stand messy places, they drove him mad. This is why he had a specified bin for everything: trash, dirty clothes, clean clothes and uniforms, and Chiffon's toys, along with one for random things that he considered choking hazards for his beloved Chiffon. He did not want his Cakehound to get into harm's way, which was why he went through all this effort. That... and messy cookies were not responsible, in his opinion.