Chapter 8.1

The  fresh morning  breeze was cool and calming, the small fire was enough to make breakfast and warm them up. The camp was pretty much cleaned up just a few bags around the fire that needed to be loaded. The hot tea Raine was cradling in her hands was welcoming. Raine sighed, What was she thinking it was horrible, what she wouldn't give to crawl back into bed for three more hours and coffee instead of tea. This morning's breakfast was a simple one for what supplies they had left before restocking tonight. The brothers said that they wont be leaving for about another hour, needing more light in the sky. If they needed more light they could have waited an extra hour before waking us all up. Raine gripped her tea harder. Stupid men.  Raine looked up when she heard someone scoff and her eyes met Zander's playful ones. He smirked at her and winked. What the hell is his problem? being all happy making fun of her misery! "Okay," Raine put down her cup, then stood up. " I don't know what your problem is but I have had enough, let's go!" Raine shouted. Arianna reacted quickly before grabbing her waist to hold her back.

Zanders eyes lit up with excitement "So bold to ask me on a date in front of everyone" He looked as if he was struggling to not laugh, "And we only just met too, I'm impressed." He leaned foward resting his head on his hand.

"Zander!" Xavier said sternly.

"You know what? it's too early for this." Arianna let go, putting her hands up for surrender. "You did this to yourself."

Raine smiled and charged at him. Zanders eyes grew wide in shock right before she got to him, she raised a fist and hit him square in the face. She hummed satisfied "Much better."

Zander held his cheek still in shock, Raine turned around to see Yazmin on the ground laughing. That made her feel so much better, like a weight has been lifted from her shoulders. She looked at Nevaeh who almost looked embarrassed with her hand on her forehead. Arianna was standing with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. Raine instantly felt guilty. "Now that you have gotten over your caffeine deficiency and let it out, apologize."  Raine was about to roll her eyes "Don't roll your eyes at me. Yes he shouldn't have provoked you but you need to stop using no coffee as an excuse to have bad manners." Raine scrunched her nose and nodded before turning around to face the boys. Zander was still looking at her still shocked while the others were trying to look composed but you could see their shoulders shaking.

"I'm sorry Zander, I shouldn't have hit you." She sighed out.

Zander just stared "Uhh" was all he could get out.

Landon burst out laughing "You made him speechless!" His laugh chimed crisp in her ears. "Oh you need a reward for that, no one has ever made him speechless."

"Let alone a woman!" Damian added in impressed.

"Zander apologize to her." Xavier calmed down and said.

Zander looked at him "Huh?" Xavier narrowed his eyes to almost a glare. "Right." He turned to her again "I'm sorry I said what I said."

Raine turned around and went to sit back down and grab her tea which was getting colder by the second. "I'm sorry about her, it has been days since she has had coffee and it's getting to her." Arianna sat down beside her.

"Well, tomorrow she can have some. The town we are resupplying at will have a cafe." Xavier said.

Raine perked right up "Are you serious?" Xavier just nodded with a charming smile on his face.

After that everyone was quiet, it was a little awkward. "Okay so can I ask something?" Nevaeh finally spoke up which grabbed everyone's attention.

"Of course." Landon said.

"So I have been thinking." Nevaeh stopped for a second.

"Shocker." Yazmin whispered out.

Nevaeh smacked the back of her head. Raine let out a little sigh. She was finally relaxing around them, meaning she was more comfortable. "So, do you guys have any powers?" Nevaeh asked. "I mean Damian obviously has them, like a were-panther thingy"

The boys immediately stiffed and looked to each other, as if silently talking about what to do. "My power is not a were-panther, more like were-animal. I can turn into any animal I have read about or seen, though the size would be bigger for smaller animals."

"So like you can turn into, let's say a griffin if you read about it?" Raine asked curious.

Damian nodded "Though it hurts when I turn into a new animal, my body is used to the transformations now."

"That's..." Raine faded out, and it looked like Damian was ready for them to say horrible things to him. His brothers looked to each of them as if scanning their reactions. They were obviously protective of him. "Amazing!" They all said in unison. This looked as if it shocked Damian.

"Amazing?" Damian raised his brows.

"Hell yeah!" Yazmin jumped up. "Like do you know how amazing that is? Even in the movies they have like werewolves, that is amazing in itself but any animal?! That is epic!" Yazmin was shaking she was so excited. Raine too was curious and Arianna looked as if she could burst with how many questions she had.

The boys all sighed in relief as they relaxed. "Okay. okay. okay. Landon next! Tell us!" Yazmin was jumping up and down.

"Yaz calm down please, or we won't be able to hear him." Nevaeh pulled her down with the help of Arianna. Raine took a glance and they were all in the same position leaning forward with excitement.

"I am an empath, So I can feel others emotions and I can even control them. Not as amazing as my brothers but it's useful."

"What are you talking about? that is amazing in its own right. Wait, is that why we have been so calm with this whole thing?" Nevaeh asked. Landon nodded sheepishly.

"Though I must admit, you are all a lot tougher to control than most." He added

"I.... uh... can read minds." Zander whispered.

"What?" The girls all shouted.

"Is that why you are always suppressing laughter? you have been reading our minds!" Raine burst out.

"I'm going to kill him." Yazmin stood up.

Zander put his hands up "I was only making sure you were all okay. I only activate it when necessary and not all the time." He spit out.

"Yaz, sit." Arianna said sternly by her body language she was pissed off. Yazmin sat back down.

"I can also talk to people through their minds as well that's how we were able to talk without making you all worry too much." Zander tried to make himself look better. It didn't help.

"Xavier, please go before I punch him again please." Raine tensed her muscles.

"I have telekenisis, so I can move objects with my mind." Xavier demonstrated by lifting up an empty cup in front of Arianna.

That immediately relaxed all of them as they watched in awe as he made it dance around. "Cool."

"Though I can't move massive objects just yet, it can be a struggle with living beings if they are not used to it." Xavier explained more.

"Impressive." Arianna whispered out.  Xavier looked to the sky and looked at his brothers who were starting to pack up the rest of the camp. The girls sighed and decided to help out so they could leave faster. As they all partnered up and doused the fire before leaving.

"So you are all quite powerful then?" Nevaeh questioned.

"Yes and no, it depends on who we fight, some powers can be average but some are just not compatible with ours, so we learned hand to hand combat, it gives us an edge." Xavier explained. The boys didn't say much else, they wanted the girls to register all the information they just received so they just rode on.  The clopping of the hooves was filling Raine's head again though she was excited, the next stop was going to be a town. They could all sleep in beds, grab some supplies and finally some coffee.