My Audition

Soon, it was my time to go on stage. "Good luck!" Terry shouted at me with a gentle push. I walked on stage and heard the clapping making me feel comfortable.

"Hello, what's your name?" Simon asked.

I look and sound nervous but decide to say "My name's- Paige Miller."

"Paige, pleasure to meet you. And how old are you-?" He says with a smile.

I glance up at him with a smirk "I am 11 years old, and I am going to be singing."

I know he didn't ask what I'd be doing, but I felt comfortable on the stage because of the clapping and the smiles throughout the crowd. I hoped I didn't sound rude.

"Lovely, and what's the dream?"

I look at him, not knowing what to say. "Well, I guess the dream would be- to be a famous singer here in New York.."

"Wonderful! Best of luck." he says.

I start shaking, but my voice can't help but start singing- as I sing I hear shocking gasps and claps that make me feel like I am doing good sort of. I continue until the song ends and look up to a standing alvation!

"Press that gold! Press that gold" the crowd starts to chant.

I feel shocked and turn to look at my family, who is in tears. I felt so pleased with myself.

"Howie." I hear Simon say.

"I mean you are just- amazing I can feel that those dreams are going to come true and I am going to help. *He hits the golden buzzer*"

I start to cry, shocked at what had just happened as Howie comes up to hug me and I do so as well. I am through to the finals!