Chapter 4

I was hugging Paris while I sobbed into her blood soaked shirt. This lifeless girl in my arms did this to herself because of me. This 'secret admirer' had crossed the line. They killed two people that I loved most in my life and they lied to me making me think that what I was doing was going to be the best decision. In fact, I know that they unplugged the ventilator. They killed Michael. I'm going to kill them. I'm going to do what they did to Michael; Michael and Paris.

The nurses ran to the doorway and immediately screamed. One of them was Jen. Jen was a caretaker more than a nurse; a caretaker who was very afraid of blood. She threw up and then passed out. I smelt the wretched smell of acid and then heard the thump of her hitting the floor.

Jen and Paris had a special bond together. Just like Chelsea and I had our bond with Cheyenne, that was what Paris and Jen had.

I wouldn't turn around no matter how many people were behind me. Everything was in slow motion around me. I held tight to my cousin for as long as I could. I loved her and now she was gone. I didn't feel her heart beat or her breathing. All I could do was ignore the nurses around trying to persuade me to leave the scene and wondering if they should pull me off of her.

About thirty minutes went by and a few people would try to get me to let go of Paris. I would shake my head slightly. I didn't want to ever see her in a coffin but I knew that I would be soon. I would be seeing her and Michael in the box of death. The box that would be their final destination before being lowered six feet under. Paramedics were rushing in and pulling me off of her. I tried to hold on but my hands slipped and I was carried to my room, where Chelsea had a shower going and agreed that she would watch me.

Special privileges to residential patients who are well behaved came in handy sometimes because I would have fought the nurses.

I sat on the shower floor for an hour and a half while the warm, crisp water ran over my violently shaking body. I was sobbing while cursing the killer. Chelsea had been sitting on the toilet trying to calm me down through the silky white curtains that where hanging from the silver shower rod. The only thing that I was hearing were the words of courage from Chelsea, the water dropping onto my plastic covered cast, and the people that were inspecting my room for anything that could cause any harm to me. They were looking for sharp objects and apparently my nightstand was one because they were removing it from my room.

The incident with Paris made the facility aware that people were actually suicidal. People were taking things as simple as rubber bands to cause harm to themselves. Of coarse, this basically led to the facility forcing people to limit their outfits to short sleeves and sweatpants. I disagreed that this action should be taken but I didn't open my mouth to speak my mind because it is obvious that nothing I say will be taken any value figuring that I was under almost everyones watchful eyes. That, and I was terrified of the glares I was getting from Lana every time I thought about talking.

I had stopped crying after three days and Chelsea had gotten me the a pair of the rags that the facility called cloths and had a small snack for me to eat while she filled me in on the information on my cousin. Once I was in the bed next to hers, which was now in my room, she finally told me what I was expecting to hear.

"Paris is dead."

I cried a bit but I already knew that she was dead. I never felt a pulse when I was hugging her. She was already dead.

"I know. That's not why I was crying." She looked at me utterly confused.

"Why are you crying then?" She sounded disturbed. "They killed her. I killed her. They lied to me and said that they wouldn't hurt anyone. They killed her. I killed her. I don't even know" I sobbed. "What makes you say that? What are you even talking about?" "When I found her, the first thing I did was try to stop the bleeding. After a while I felt words in her arm. They said 'you did this' and it was signed by S.A."

I thought about it for a second and then cringed at the thought that this mysterious person carved the words into my cousin's arm. I don't think that Chelsea could understand but she honestly didn't need to. She was right though when she said that this place was about to go to hell.

I went to sleep after sobbing some more into Chelsea's arms while she sighed and mentally prepared herself for the next few days. I felt that she had given up on escaping but she still wanted to deep down. I still thought the only thing stopping her was the forest and then the several hour walk in the gross weather that we have here. I wanted to run away but I wasn't going to do it. For a split second, I thought that the constant reminder of the weather, the forest, or the long walk; none of that was enough to stop my imagination from spiraling into complete chaos. I knew I wasn't going to do it, but god, I would I if I could.

When I awoke from my somewhat peaceful sleep, I was allowed into a back office with Chelsea and some of Michael and Paris' friends to meet up with my aunt, Paris' mother, Michael's parents, Paris' brother, and other officials to plan the two lovebird's funerals. I would slightly nod and then glare at Lana, which would cause a chain reaction and Liz would quietly growl at me. The growl would cause me to chuckle a bit and turn my head, showing that I did not care about her or her money that she earned off of me. I don't get any money from this so why do I care? A sixteen year old needs money too.

"Do we want them in a casket together?" Lana asked the group with a small smile, obviously feeling proud of her idea.

"My answer is a big hell no. They loved each other dearly, but I believe that being buried next to each other in two separate caskets is good enough. If there are any objections, you better speak now or forever hold your peace." Chelsea basically read my mind. Lana was trying to sound like she cared when I'm pretty sure she helped kill both Paris and Michael.

"You're not even family! I think you are being a bit rude and you should leave." Liz stated, telling Chelsea to get out. Chelsea was not one to take orders though. My aunt hated on someone that she thought she knew all about, but really she was going to learn that Chelsea lives to annoy people like Liz. So this meant that Chelsea was going to say no in her own way. This way just happened to be her kicking up her legs, landing her Uggs up onto the table and sitting back while keeping perfect eye contact with my aunt. The cold stare was then followed up when Chelsea said "No ma'am, I will not leave the room because I did nothing wrong. You should stop caring about how I act and start caring about helping plan Ms. White and Mr. And Mrs. Stevens' teens, two of my best friends, funerals. So if I were you, I would stop being rude yourself, and stop giving glares to Skyler, they are lacking the intimidation anyways. Also, stop growling like you are some kind of wild boar. You are giving the impression of the animal I think of you as."

The whole incident caused Paris' fifteen year old brother to laugh very hard and reach over to high five Chelsea who was placing an invisible crown upon her head. They high fived and calmed down, Chelsea put her feet back on the floor and the conversation continued with less boar like growls from my aunt. She still glared but it was mostly at Chelsea now. I worried what she was going to do to Chelsea if she did anything at all. In a way, I thought that she killed Michael, maybe even Paris. I had no proof for my assumption so I was not going to put it out for the world to decide.

The meeting finally ended and I walked out of the room after hugging each of the family members and giving Aunt Jenifer a kiss on the cheek. Jennifer was Paris' mother and she also just happened to be my favorite Aunt. I said my goodbyes and walked out walking to my room to tidy up.