THE AVATAR RETURNS

Aang and Katara appearing over the horizon. The Southern Water Tribe villagers have gathered in the snow, waiting for the duo's return. Cut to a shot of Aang and Katara approaching the village and the gathered villagers that stand outside the village walls. The children become overjoyed upon seeing Aang.

Village kids: Yay! Aang's back!

Some of them run over to him while the others remain cheerful in the crowd. The adults had stern and offended expressions. The children reach Aang and Katara, crowding around him gleefully, and Aang responds kindly. Sokka, who breaks from the line of villagers and steps forward toward Aang.

Sokka: I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?

Aiden: Calm your self Sokka.

Katara: Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident.

Aang: Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well... we booby-ed right into it.

Kanna: Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!

Aang: Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault.

Sokka: Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy.

The children begin to sadly walk away.

Sokka: The foreigner is banished from our village.

Katara: Sokka, you're making a mistake.

Sokka: No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you, from threats like him!

Katara: Aang is not our enemy! Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time: fun.

Sokka: Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!

Aang: You should try it sometime.

Katara: Aiden are you going to do something?!

Aiden: Your brother is the leader of the village, it's his call.

Sokka: Get out of our village! Now!

Katara: Grandmother, please. Don't let Sokka do this!

Kanna: Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it best if the airbender leaves.

Katara: Fine! Then I'm banished, too!

She Drags Aang away.

Katara: Come on Aang, let's go.

Sokka: Where do you think you're going?

Katara:  To find a waterbender. Aang is taking me to the North Pole.

Aang: I am? Great!

Sokka: Katara! Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?

Katara had stopped in her tracks, right between Appa and her tribe. She looks down sorrowfully as Aang approaches her with a sad look upon his face.

Aang: Katara, I don't want to come between you and your family.

Katara: So, you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?

Aang: Thanks for penguin sledding with me.

Katara: Where will you go?

Aang: Guess I'll go back home and look for the airbenders. Wow, I haven't cleaned my room in a hundred years. Not looking forward to that. 

He uses his airbending to hop onto Appa's head.

Aang: It was nice meeting everyone.

Sokka: (sarcastic) Let's see your bison fly now, air boy.