Chapter 1 Kai's childhood

KAI'S POV

I was playing around in the forest with Aalto when I heard a really weird sound from the front of the house.
"Come Aalto let's go check it out" I said as we started walking to the front. We saw a man with short brown hair and bright red eyes. We watched as he knocked on the door and my father walked out.

"Are you ready for your punishment" I heard the man say. " What do you mean" my father replied taking a step back. We then saw a whole form in the ground and out came a sword

My father stared at the man before rushing inside and grabbing his sword

My father stared at the man before rushing inside and grabbing his sword. His sword had a dark brown cloth on the handle and a black blade.

"You think you stand a chance?! Against A GOD!" The man shouted. His sword attempting to slice my father in half.

Now here I am with my baby brother watching my father be attacked by an unknown man who was winning. I heard footsteps. "Aalto," I said grabbing his attention. They were getting closer. He looked at me as I continued. "Run." He sent me a confused look before I grabbed his arm and pushed him towards the forest. "RUN!!" I screamed before the footsteps stopped. My brother looked horrified, but he wasn't looking at me. I turn around and I saw the man who I knew had just killed my father. "RUN Aalto NOW!!!" He finally got the hint and ran into the forest.

Before I could run into the other direction the man grabbed me. "You look just like your mother" he whispered. I was trying to get out his grip but I couldn't. Suddenly I saw him reach for his sword again. He held sword at my neck and I knew that he was gonna kill me just like he did my father.

I pinched my eyes closed awaiting my fait when suddenly I fall to ground. Which ended up with me scraping my face with his sword. I opened my eyes to see my mother in tears as she was screaming at the man. "HOW COULD YOU SALVIC!!!" "I TRUSTED YOU" were some phrases she said a few times. Now she was not just yelling at him but punching him in the face.

Then silence. I sat the trying to process what just happened. My mother gone. The man who had just killed my father gone. My baby brother gone. My dad gone. I want to cry. But I can't. I need to find my brother. So I do I hed into the forest where he ran.

I searched for hours upon hour. I could find a thing. Which lead me to believe that he didn't make it. Maybe the man got to him? Maybe he just got lost? Maybe he was killed by a wild animal? My head was spinning with all the maybe's. I decided to go back to the house and try and find thing the help.

On my way back I was bracing myself to see my father's body. But nothing could have prepared me to see my father. His blood everywhere. His sword shattered next to his body. But I did notice one this. A small portrait of me and Aalto in his bloodied hand where his sword was once held.

Time skip a few days

I still haven't cried yet which is good cause I still need to searching for Aalto. But it's kind of delayed since I'm taking care of our home. I've tended to all the household chores. I've also cleaned up where my father has died and given him a funeral.

I've kept his bed made, I have food made, I have tons of medicine and it's all so im prepared when I find him.
It's been really hard without him. Normally we would play together all day. But now he's gone. Hopefully he'll be back in a few days.

No POV

Those day turned into weeks. Weeks turned to months and months into year. She never found him. She slowly lost hope of finding her brother. She also lost hope of finding her mother. Since she also went missing that day.

Kai was now 17 almost 18 and as far as she new she was the last in her family.

Word 722
Uploaded: June 17 2022

Hope you enjoyed this bye bye.