LUCKY LUO YAN

LUO YAN stared at his task column, particularly at the additional task. It said that the player was not required to do it. But Luo Yan would surely do. Additional task could yield higher EXP and better rewards. So, of course, he would do it.

Speaking of better rewards, when he played Arcadia, there were a lot of hidden events that gave him good materials. Sometimes it was even better than those that could be bought in the game store. Hidden events could be triggered by different ways. You could talk to an NPC and your conversation would trigger a hidden event. Even killing a certain monster could trigger one. But as the name said, it was hidden, so those events were generally not known to the public. It could only be based on the player's luck.

Luo Yan wondered if he could trigger a hidden event here. But he didn't have much hope. This was an origin village after all. Wouldn't he be just too lucky if he triggered one at the very beginning? But even so, Luo Yan still decided to talk to all the NPCs he met just in case.

He opened the map of the village first and determined the position of the Pharmacy and the Weapon's Shop. Since he already accepted the task of going to Crescent Woodlands to kill those Blights, then he needed to prepare first. What he needed most right now were potions and a weapon. He couldn't just go to the forest barehanded.

Obviously he couldn't afford any items right now because he only had zero crystal coins in his account. But based on his experience, when he was a beginner, he got free potions and a free weapon just by going to the Pharmacy and the Weapon's Shop. He doubted it was different in this version. But even if that was the case, he could just log out and buy crystal coins outside.

There were two ways to buy crystal coins. Either by direct online money transfer or by using game cards. A player could choose from four game cards; a 100 crystal coins game card, a 500 crystal coins game card, a 1000 crystal coins game card, and a 5000 crystal coins game card. But if a player wanted to buy a huge bulk of crystal coins then it's better to use the first option - direct online money transfer.

Arcadia had an app that catered to that. In order to register, a player only needed his game account name. If a player wanted to buy crystal coins using online money transfer, then they only had to enter the amount they wanted to buy and then their bank account name. On the other hand, if a player bought a game card, then they only had to enter the code on the game card. The amount of crystal coins on the game card would be automatically transfered to their game account. The same was true if one used the online money transfer.

If Luo Yan remembered correctly, the current conversion of crystal coins was 1 RMB for every 10 crystal coins.

He closed his Status Window and started walking first towards the direction of the Pharmacy. Just like he planned, he talked to every NPC he passed by. But almost every one of them just gave him a general reply. As if they already had a set of answers encoded in them. With just that, it could be seen that they were really not human and just a collection of data.

It was just a small building with a Pharmacy sign on top. Luo Yan entered and he immediately smelled the scent of herbal medicines. The only person inside was a female elf with the name Pharmacist on top of her head. Just like all the elves in the village, she was also tall and beautiful.

"Noctis, I heard that the Elder asked you to solve the Blights in the Crescent Woodlands," the Pharmacist said when she saw him.

"Yes," he answered.

"Then it's a good thing you visited me. I have extra potions here that you could use." She took out a box from a shelf and opened it. Inside were five small bottles containing a red liquid.