Prolog - The Start Of A Beginning (Shinichiro)

"You brother is a bit weird"

"Eh? What is that supposed to mean?"

"Dude, haven't you noticed? Something is off about him." Wakasa simply said.

Shinichiro rolled eyes, "Like what? He's a perfectly normal kid!"

Lies,lies, and even more lies. Even Wakasa knows that was a big fat lie.

"Okay, one example," Wakasa stops his bike, " Look. "

Shin didn't even have to turn around to cringe.

He would continue to defend his brother to his deathbed but he really had nothing to say against that statement, especially at a sight like this.

Normal almost six-year olds go off and go play on playgrounds, terrorize old folks, go off and buy monster cards, socialize before the terrorers of teenagehood makes things all complicated and to live carefree. Well, while Mikey does some of those things (well, more less), he sometimes is just a bit off .

Not from the outside as most people think the infamous Sano family is an honorable family or whatever bullcrap because of their Grandpa (used to serve in the military or something). Though people like Wakasa and the rest of the Black Dragon's gang know well, very well actually, that they're not. And so therefore it's getting hard to defend his little brother against them.

Especially when his brother is doing weird things.

Weird things like this .

His little brother was currently sitting in the middle of a field doing absolutely nothing. The field was infamously known as a spot where rowdy motorcycles and rowdy gang members hang out or do rumbles in the middle of it. A clearly unusual spot for a five-year old kid to sit at, alone, staring blankly at the lake near it.

Shinichiro sighs, Wakasa just smiles in the 'he was right' way.

"So, do I go ahead? It looks like your hands are full." Shin just nods as Wakasa gives him an apologetic smile and leaves ahead of him, waving off whenever they meet again.

Shin sighs again, riding towards his brother to see what situation he is in. Wondering if his younger brother was ever normal in the first place.

Shinichiro was ten when Mikey, or Manjiro during this time, came into the world. Even at the beginning he knew something was just off about his brother.

His brother came almost like in a storm coming on August 20th 1990, he clearly didn't need to pinch as he came out crying. For a small baby the noise he made was louder than any other baby in the ward and most stereos at the time.

"Oh hell, even Shin wasn't this fussing as a baby." His father complained, looking utterly tired as if he gave birth himself.

Their grandfather just laughed, "Too bad, I was really hoping for a granddaughter this time around. Another boy?"

"Thank god." His father muttered in annoyance, he muttered something else that Shin didn't catch.

Shinichiro just stared at the baby through the window of the ward, seeing as it's the only baby crying up a storm to the annoyance of the nurse trying to calm him.

Shin got close to the window staring as what is his new little brother. Manjiro was a really tinning baby, as he was born premature. It really surprised him how much noise a little thing could make.

The little baby's eyes were open though, seemingly searching for something. All until Shin thinks he looked at him, his eyes were just like his with being an obsidian color oval shaped. Shinichiro wasn't quite sure what to do, he had never even seen a baby before today. He just awkwardly waved.