cinq

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER 05,Walking the line betweenpanic and losing my mind

CHAPTER 05,
Walking the line between
panic and losing my mind.

  ▬▬▬"What are you doing honey?" A man asked.

   "I'm reading." She coldly said. The man beside him sighs. He tried desperately to have a good conversation with her like a usual father-daughter relationship but the girl would always gave him cold shoulder.

   "May I ask what is?" He tried again with his soft soothed voice. He then went beside the girl's bedside as he tried to peek whatever the girl was reading.

   But she instantly closed the book and hide it behind her. The girl whip her head to face the man. Her face were void of emotion, eyes so dull, yet, it held fire on it.

   "It's none of your business." She said. Getting up to her feet from sitting. Before she even left her room, a hand caught her wrist and pulled her back.

   "Please. Stop pushing everyone away." His voice cracked. He was trying to hold back his tear and voice to not give up.

   She just looked at him, and pulled her hand away from his grip and start to walked away like nothing happened.

   She doesn't like what she was becoming.

   She doesn't like to be treated like a fucking fragile vase.

   She doesn't like to be locked up in the dark, and before anyone knew, she knew about her missing piece.

   She knew all about umbrella. And she hated them— loathed eve more.

••  ••  ••

  When she woke up, it was raining and her jaw hurt.

   The images from her dream- was it a dream?- faded slowly. Something about a book and a man, but she couldn't bring it into focus.

   Or much of anything else.

   The ground was cold against her sore jaw. She tried to prop herself up, only to feel a stabbing pain in her right shoulder.

   She forced herself to focus, to take in her surroundings.

   The first thing she realized was that the ground was cold because it wasn't ground. It was marble.

   The rain was only coming down on her feet. It was the steady rhythm of a shower.

   Gently rubbing her right shoulder with her left hand, she looked down. Aside from a crumpled shower curtain-which, based on the bent metal hooks along one end of it, had been ripped off the rod-she was naked.