blank day

Laying on her provided bed, y/n spent her day counting the pattern on the ceiling. She tried imagining how much stree Sieun would be under, without the Cheif ; herself. Her mind kept calculating the different types of patient that would he at the hospital by now.

The room door opened again. But y/n didn't move. Staying in this house for maximum four hours she realized three things. 1)there are no humans. 2) they don't know how to knock. 3) human decency does not exist.

"Aren't you a bit embarrassed to barge into a woman's room without knocking?" She lifted herself and looked at the culprit. He didn't say anything. "What do you want shortie?" She smirked at him, maybe if she keeps pressing his buttons he will shoot him and she will be able to escape this place faster.

What a solid plan y/n.

"Do you have a death wish woman'' He threatened with his gun again. She smiled. "You can't always threaten people with that stupid gun short-"

"I SAID SHUT UP" He yelled at her at the top of his lungs and went back outside. The guards laughing could be heard even from inside the room. "Mission press his buttons and escape : failed." She stood up from the bed and headed outside. Just as she touched the door knob, she realized she was still in her pyjamas.

"ugh screw this." Fixing her hair a bit she opened the goddamn door and headed outside. Surprisingly the guards didn't stop her. Instead their eyes followed her every step.

She walked down the marble stairs, in awe of the house. Every corner carved with impeccable details, large windows to welcome any ray of sun. The rock walls belonged right where it was, as if perchance it had grown up right from that hallowed ground. The combination of dark hues and gold carvings made it look like a place straight out of a dark fairy tale.

"why are mafias so rich? should I go and start killing people as well?" She mumbled to herself while walking down the stairs. There were statues of famous people. "Is he a history geek.?" She wondered while observing the statues.

"Do you need something miss y/n?" She turned around at a sly looking man. He was standing there like some sort of robot. "Ah no no. I was just looking around." He nodded while smiling. "Do you like historical things?"

"No. I failed history." She scratched her neck. She continued walking along the man, he didn't say anything after that. They both walked down the corridor, but y/n stopped as soon as she caught a glimpse of mashiho's silhouette.

"What's wrong? I thought you wanted to look around?" He looked at where her eyes were glued on and saw mashiho. "Oh shiho, you are here." Mashiho looked at y/n then at asahi. "Where are the documents on kang residency?"

"On my table." She stood there watching them have a conversation she had no knowledge of. "How much are they willing to compensate for the loss?"

"10 million." Her eyes popped out of her sockets after hearing the enormous amount. No wonder he lives in such a place. "Not bad. I'll take that." Mashiho nodded and walked away while glaring at her. "Can I call my freind?" She was willing to take the risk of making him mad.

"Asahi, let her call. I'm busy." He didn't even turn around and just left like that. "Come to the hall with me." The guy named asahi walked towards the massive hall, y/n tailing behind. He sat down on one of the couches and asked her to sit down as well.

He gave his phone to her and signalled to call anyone. "Put the phone on speaker and talk" She looked at him in disbelief. "No."

"give me back the phone." He put forward his hands. "Okay okay I will put it on speaker it's not like I have a husband to talk about sex or something anyways." She mumbled making asahi cough a little.

She dialed Sieuns number and she immediately picked it up. "hello? who is this?" Y/n let out a huge breath and put the phone on speaker. "Sieun-ah it's me y/n-"

"KIM Y/N DID YOU GET A NEW NUMBER WHERE ARE YOU WHY AREN'T YOU COMING TO WORK DID YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HAD TO HEAR FROM THE DIRECTOR AT THE MEETING ?! WE HAVE A WOMAN WITH A TORCH IN HER VAGINA. NOW I HAVE A LIVER TUMOUR PATIENT IN WAITING, ONE SURGEON IS ON LEAVE THE OTHER ONE WON'T PICK UP THE PHONE IM GONNA DIE IN HERE."

Asahi frowned at the loud and complicated conversation. Y/n massaged her temples and prepared herself to answer.  "Sieun-ah listen to me carefully. I can't come to the hospital right now. Call Dr Yoo and tell her I asked for help with the tumor patient. As for the woman you know what to do right? please hang in there, I'll come very soon."

"But where are you? are you on leave?" Y/n and looked at asahi who shook his head in response. "I'm on a vacation in Maldives. hang in there till I come." She quickly hung up the call and threw the phone at him. She massaged her head in annoyance.

"Your freind sounds crazy." He snickers. "Not as crazy as your freind." She jumped up from the couch and ran away. "Hey Asahi can I have some decent clothes? I can't possibly live in these for my life right? I think even criminals in jail have basic human need provided."

Asahi scoffed at her words. "You are living a million dollars worth estate. Clothes are provided in your room." She puffed her cheeks and ran up the long marble stairs again. Before she went to her room she came across Yoshi's room so she decided to check on him.

"Am I allowed?" She peeked through the door. "Ofcourse. come in doctor." His voice was still weak. "How are you feeling?"

"A little tired. It feels hard to breath." Yoshi expressed his discomfort. Y/n quickly stepped in and changed his IV. She began searching through the cabinets and took out a small bottle. She injected whatever that was in the bottle to his IV.

"Its normal after a surgery. You will feel better after this." She checked his temperature and other vital. "Everything is Normal. you should recover with enough rest." She smiled and bowed to him.

"Are you leaving already?" He stopped her. "I was about to take a shower. Do you need anything?" "No no, go ahead take your time." she bowed slightly before leaving the room and entered hers. She leaned against the door and breathed out.

"I can't believe I got certified with the board just to be kidnapped by some gangsters. Sieun-ah hang in there please." She prayed internally.