|| 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 ||

...

Storm was sitting in her car, admiring the beautiful natures outside the window. She had her walkman headphones on and was listening to her all time favorite song- 𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐛𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐨. It was something special about it. It made her wish that someone sang about her like they sang.

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you".

Mean while, her father was driving and her mother talking about politics. Her older sister, Mabel, was sleeping like always. She was always sleeping because she was up partying in the nights and came home at like 4 am, drunk.

- Girls, we're here! Storms mother shouted in excitement and smiled. She was always very positive to things, but when she got angry she was ranging mad.

- Yay.. Storm sarcastically said. She wasn't happy about the move and neither was her older sister Mabel.

- Hey girls, we want you to make good impressions and friends here in Hawkins cause we have some news. This is our last move. Or at least the last place we are gonna move til because of our jobs! Isn't it awesome! Storms dad said as he and Storms mother gave each other secretive looks. They were hiding something.

- What, we're stuck in this hell of a town? Mabel asked in disbelief.

- Yes we are honey, so you better get used to it! Her mother replied with a smirk. Mabel muttered, Storm sighed.

After a lot of arguing between Storm and Mabel about who was going to get the bigger room they finally decided that their parents would get it. Or it wasn't exactly what happened. It was actually their mother who said "if you girls are just gonna fight about it, me and your father will take it instead". After that it was some intense running to take the second biggest room. Storm won, Mabel was too sleepy.

- Okay girls, start unpacking! We've been invited to our neighbors house for dinner.

- We have? Storm asked and threw herself on the bed. Her mother nodded. Do they have any kids, my age?

- Yes they do, they have one son named Lucas and one daughter that is a bit younger named Erica. I was over at their house some minutes ago and he was really cute. You should get along awesomely and maybe be friends. Storms mother said. Or more. She added.

- Mom! I'm twelve?! Storm exclaimed. How did her mother think? Two twelve years old couldn't possibly date. It wouldn't last and either way was Storm not interested in Lucas.

Later that day after unpacking all Storms clothes and settling in in her new room, it was time for the dinner. Storm had put on a big t-shirt and a pair of baggy, ripped jeans. She had her white converse on and a cap that said "South Carolina" on. She missed it there, In South Carolina, their big house with a tv in her room. It was really the best.

- Hi, welcome in! Come on in, don't be shy. Mrs. Sinclair welcomed them into her home.

- Oh, Hello! Storms mother hooted and gave her a hug.

- Umm, hi Mrs. Sinclair. Storm said and shook her hand.

- You must be Storm! Please call me Sue! She said.

- Okay, Sue.

- This is my precious little son, Lucas! Sue exclaimed holding her sons shoulders.

- Mom! He groaned she just smiled in reply.

The guy named Lucas bloomed in embarrassment, so did Storm. Mabel rolled her eyes and took out her phone. Her father just stood there in awkward silence.

...

- Is it tough to have a younger sister? Storm asked once she and Lucas had gotten to his room.

- She's so annoying, you don't understand!

- My older sister is so irritating she too!

- Just so you know, if something ever happens and you don't want to tell your other friends about it you can always talk to me. I know we just met and all that but I really like you. He smiled.

- Thanks. Storm chuckled. You can talk to me too. Say anything that you think is pain in the ass and I will listen and comfort.

- Your funny, do you know that? Lucas admitted.

- I wish I could say the same thing about you! Storm said making Lucas laugh hysterically. Storm joined in. They were rolling around on the floor, both laughing so much they couldn't breath.

- I'm kidding. Your are also funny. And if you ever have any trouble, I'm always close. You know, I have the window beside yours. We can see into each other's rooms. Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Storm bubbled.

- Yes Storm? He asked.

- What if we put a plank between our windows so we can climb over to each other when we need comfort or just want to talk. Storm explained her genius idea.

- That's bloody amazing! Let's do that tomorrow, meet me outside my house. I know a place that has stable planks. He smiled.

When Storm went home that night she had a warm feeling going trough her body. It was love and not that she was in love, but that she was really happy that she had gotten a new friend that she bonded with very well.

...

- So? Storms mother asked.

- So what? Storm replied.

- Did you and Lucas have fun? She said while making kissing noises.

- Mom! Stop being so immature. But yes we did, as friends. Storm said and couldn't hide the smile on her face. She nudged her mother on the arm.

- Okay okay fine. Go brush your teeth now, young lady! Her mother said and rubbed her hair making it messy.

Storm went up and made herself ready for bed. When she crawled down under her bed sheets in her king sized beige bed she felt a relief. She felt like she finally had found a friend. She couldn't help but to run up to her window and look for Lucas and there he was, already looking at her. She waved and he waved back, smiling.

Suddenly he ran out of sight and then the phone started ringing. Storm picked it up and on the other side of the phone was an unforgettable voice. Lucas.

- Hey! He greeted her.

- Hi!

- Was just gonna see if you were there..

- Oh well I'm here. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then! Storm said.

- Yeah see you then. Sleep tight, Storm.

- You to Lucas! She said and hung up. Lucas smile faded, so did Storms. Storm wanted to talk to her new friend all night long, getting to know him more. So did Lucas. Storm ran up to the phone again and already calling on the other line was Lucas.

- Miss me already? She asked.

- Sure. He muttered.

After that they talked to each other the whole night, getting to know each other better. Storm was going to show him her room the next day and then they were going to put up the plank between their windows. "Stable planks" she laughed.