an early departure (part two)

"... victoria"

she looked as though she was analyzing my name, each letter sparking a different thought in her mind. she held her thumb to her mouth, slightly chewing on her painted nail as if my name was leaving a taste in the air that she couldn't bare. "victoria?" she questioned, i nodded, "that's such a beautiful name" she likes my name.. she likes my name. i feel so... i don't even know how i feel, i can barely speak. i suppose she could tell, because a few seconds later she began again, "oh, right, my name is lilith, my parents were into all that mythology stuff" she giggled after she spoke. god she's so cute.. wait, cute? what am i thinking? "i should really get going, i can't stay for too much longer" i could barely push my sentence out, is this girl some kind of sorceress? god, what am i to do? lilith's mouth poured more words, "why must you leave? we've just barely started talking" she pouted, trying to get me to stay, but i couldn't. "lilith, i'd love to stay for longer, but the sun will begin to rise soon, and i must return home" she looked sad, as if i had broken her heart, "will i see you again?" she almost whispered as i began to turn away, "of course, i don't know where, or when, but i know we'll meet again" and with that, i walked away into the darkness. i heard her window shut behind me. i felt bad for leaving, but i had to. it isn't right for a vampire to form any bond with a human, but i couldn't help talking with her. she was so enchanting.

i just know i'll see her again.