3.

Y/n left their house at 7:30 like they had told aunt Claudia. Even though Eddie wasn't coming until 8, y/n knew that their aunts curiosity would get the better of her and she'd be spying out the window waiting for them to leave. Y/n figured 30 minutes would be enough time for Claudia to get bored.

As an additional cover, they left the house wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, with the outfit they actually planned on wearing hidden in their bag.

After around 15 minutes, y/n saw the curtain that had been used as a spy hole finally close. And it's a good job it did as a few moments later eddie pulled up.

His music was blaring. Y/n banged on the window. "Dude seriously?! Are you trying to draw attention?!"

Eddie quickly shut the music off. "Sorry, didn't even think."

Y/n rolled their eyes. "Clearly."

Eddie leaned over the passenger seat and opened the door for y/n. "Ready to go?"

Y/n really wasn't ready to go. They hated parties and regretted agreeing to go. "Yeah, let's get this over with.

A small look of confusion appeared on eddies face. "You don't have to come if you don't want to y/n."

"Honestly I hate parties..."

Confused again, Eddie replied. "Then why did you agree to come?"

Y/n looked toward him with the slightest smile on their face, so slight that you'd barely notice it was there.

"Because you asked me to."

Eddies smile was not so slight. In fact it was very obvious. "Really?" He asked.

Y/n didn't want to flatter him too much. "Yep. Now let's go before I change my mind."

"Okay then, let's go." Eddie replied as he started to pull away from y/n's house.

There was silence for a few moments before Eddie spoke again.

"You should of told me you didn't like parties. I wouldn't of asked you to come if I knew..."

"It's fine, you're right anyway. I really should meet everyone properly."

Eddies eyes hadn't left the road at this point - Which was odd because y/n had heard from Dustin how much of a reckless driver he was- so he hadn't noticed y/n rummaging through their bag and pulling out their party outfit.

"Okay but if you want to leave just let me know and I'll..." Eddie couldn't finish his sentence as he happened to glance over to y/n to see them taking off their clothes.

"Woah, what are you doing?" He was trying his hardest to watch where he was driving but couldn't stop looking back to y/n.

Y/n smirked. "Getting changed? You didn't honestly think I'd be going to a party in sweatpants did you?"

Still trying, but failing, to keep his eyes off of y/n, Eddie stuttered "well I assumed so yeah, because that's what you came out in..."

A smile spread across his face before finishing his sentence "... but apparently not."

Y/n noticed Eddie practically staring this time. "Hey! Eyes on the road."

Eddie looked back to the road, smile still on his face. "Sorry..."

"No you're not." Y/n smirked.

"No I'm not. Anyway, why didn't you get dressed at home?"

"Have you met dustins mother?"

"Uhh... no actually."

Y/n laughed slightly. "Well if you had, you'd know exactly why I didn't get changed at home."

"Strict with what you wear or something?"

Y/n laughed once again. "Very. She'd never let me leave the house wearing something like this."

Eddie glanced back over to see y/n now dressed. Without even thinking he let out a stunned "wow".

"Eddie, you're staring again..."

A mischievous look was on his face. "And I'm not even sorry this time."

Y/n shook their head and giggled slightly. "I know you're not."

Eddie simply smiled. "Anyway, we're here now. You ready?"

"Yeah I guess."

They both got out of the van and headed toward a house. It clearly belonged to someone with a lot of money because it was massive. The thudding of the music and shouting of the party goers was already so loud at the bottom of the driveway. Y/n was even more regretful now.