Chapter 9: Angels and Insanity

"I suppose it stands as proof that you choose well bringing this human here, Lord Diavolo."
The one who I assume is Barbatos said. Finally leaving the mood light.

"I'm sorry but, I don't believe we've met."
I said trying to sound formal and polite around Diavolo and Lucifer.

☓☓☓☓☓

"Ah yes, pardon me. I suppose we haven't met before, have we? My name is Barbatos. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner. I have the honor of serving as to Lord Diavolo. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Barbatos explained very politely.

"Barbatos here is a smart and talented individual, so much so that I wish I could trade a certain idiot brother of mine for him instead." Lucifer sighed.

"Well as for your brother, in the human world, it is sometimes said that a truly wise man does not flaunt his talents; he keeps them secret." Barbatos said in a half-whisper.

"Yes, but then again, an incompetent fool doesn't actually have any talents to begin with." Lucifer further grumped.

"Well, I've heard it said that the most thick headed child is always the cutest." Diavolo spoke as if this was a kindergarten sleepover where they're sharing secrets.

"...Stop it, Diavolo. It's troublesome enough as it is having him as my younger brother. But my child? Him? I don't even want to think about it." Lucifer mumbled off.

"Ah, but I notice that you didn't deny the part about him being cute, did you? If I might offer my own opinion, out of you seven brothers you're without a doubt the most troublesome, Lucifer." A new voice analyzed.

"Is that meant as a compliment, Simeon?" Lucifer said intimidatingly.

"Pff, of course not! Duh! That was a put-down! An insult! He's taunting you!" A childish voice shouts.

"Ah, I see you've brought your chihuahua along with you." Lucifer smiled.

Can animals talk here or is he teasing a person? He's short so, not sure.

"I am NOT a chihuahua! How many times do I have to tell you that demon?!" The maybe chihuahua raged.

"Well, what do you expect? I am a demon after all. Now then, stop yipping at me. C'mere boy.. shake! Who's a good boy?" Lucifer taunted.

"Quit it! Don't you make fun of me! And don't tell me to shake! I'm not a DOG!" The now probably not an animal continued to rage.

"Allow me to introduce you, (Y/n)." Diavolo interrupted.

"This is Simeon. He's an exchange student from the Celestial Realm. Which is to say, he is an angel." Diavolo explained.

"Well, hello, (Y/n). I've heard a lot of rumors!" Simeon awkwardly laughed.

"And this is Luke. Let's see, you're a.. chihuahua, was it? Or are you an angel?" Diavolo joined in teasing. Although, I almost feel like I'm the one getting teased here.

"Wh..?! Diavolo, now YOU'RE getting in on the act, too?! I am NOT a chihuahua! I'm an angel!" The most likely angel complained in more of a sigh.

"Listen up! As you can probably tell, I'm a low-ranking angel. BUT I'll have you know that in the Celestial Realm I report directly to Micheal the Archangel, as-" Luke tried to boast but was interrupted.

"Luke, Calm down. You need to learn to not make such a huge fuss about everything." Simeon parented.

"But Simeonnnn!" Luke dragged.

"He's right. That's exactly why people call you a chihuahua, you know?" Lucifer added.

"Usually the only one who calls me chihuahua is YOU, Lucifer!" Luke raged again.

"It's nearly time for the next bell to sound." Barbatos gleefully interrupted.

"Ah, Yes. You're right. I apologize for any trouble we've caused, (Y/n)." Simeon

"In any event, I'm relieved to see that things seem to be going well for you here." Diavolo bubbled.

"(Y/n), take care of Mammon for me, would you?" Lucifer groaned.

"As I remember it, Mammon was supposed to be the one looking after (Y/n), correct?" Barbatos interrogated.

"Yes, that's how I remember it as well, your point?" Lucifer bellowed.

Diavolo and Lucifer walk off, then goes Barbatos and Simeon. I waved them all goodbye. Which leaves me and the maybe chihuahua, maybe angel, or maybe angel chihuahua.

"neber twrust mrph.." Luke mumbled.

"Sorry, I didn't quite understand what you said." I queried.

"...Never trust a demon."
"Especially when that demon is Lucifer."
Luke said slowly and ominously.
"Listen to me. He's a monster and a brute. He's uncivilized, immoral, and... and also..."

"And also a sadist?" I finished.

"Yes! Exactly! He's the most sadistic of sadists!" Luke said passionately. He went quiet and shuffled his feet a bit.

"... I was against this from the beginning. What are they thinking, bringing humans to the Devildom as exchange students..." Luke lost himself in thought.
"Anyways, you've been warned. You get what I'm saying right?"

I nod.

"Okay, good."

We part ways, I pick up my bag and head out the door. I brush by a small crowd of people as I leave.  ..? When did my phone get in my pocket?

*****
Timeskip brought to you by:
S̾̾o̾̾l̾̾o̾̾m̾̾o̾̾n̾̾'̾̾s̾̾ ̾C̾̾o̾̾o̾̾k̾̾i̾̾n̾̾g̾̾
*****

I'm currently in my bed, I keep thinking about Luke's words and before I came to the Devildom. I can't sleep. I roll over and shove my face in the pillow out of frustration for a moment.

"...el..."
A male voice yelled out.
But it wasn't in any direction.
It echoed through my head.

What the fu-

"...elp!..."
He yelled out once again,
this time more desperate.

I get up and sit on the edge of my bed. I quickly run my hands through my hair since, ya know, WHAT THE HELL?!

"Help!..."
The now clear voice begged with a loud cry.

Welp, there goes sleeping.

"Someone.. anyone... help me.."
The voice began to give up.

With a scream in my pillow and a what the fuck in my soul, I gain (false) confidence to leave my room and seek out the cry.

^^^^^
Thanks for reading! Since most of the introductions are finished, the fun is about to begin... ~( ̄▽ ̄~)
^^^^^
Word Count:
1011
^^^^^