Chapter 01

The Neighborhood

From the window of an apartment across the street he could see on the screen of an old telly playing a hardcore porn video probably from a destroyed cassette. When there were no cars coming up and down the road you could hear the rough voices groaning but it wasn't clear whether they came from the screen or the person who was watching it. Maybe both. That bitch sounded like they were butchering her. Harry laughed. He imagined an interstellar dick – silver and pointy – piercing and cutting her in half so smoothly as if she was a fucking pasta. Her jelly roll was like two big boudoirs for fucks sake. The screen was full of snow and it must have been a very cheap porno but he didn't give a shit because she had big tits and her outrageous expressions made him whicker in the middle of the road.

Such fat dicks fucked her, such expressions she'd give you. But he couldn't complain – Harry fucks more than anyone would ever think someone like him could and his gal was way better on the glass. He didn't care much to see what comes next 'cause he got bored after a while. She reminded him that he had a fucking headache all the time thanks to his troubles. If this stupid porno chick was right there, in front of him, he'd punch her generously and she'd take away all his problems along with her fake groans. If bitches cum like that he'd rather take' em all from behind so that he won't have to look at their fucking faces. Their rotting faces. They don't know how to shoot a good thing anymore. And we are pleased with their mediocrity and the bullshit they serve us to watch.

He lit a cig and he gripped it in his mouth. It was a little twisted and creased but it was his last one. He was standing outside Korina's betting shop and he turned around to look at it with bitterness and frustration. His blue-jeans were dirty and he had to wash them at some point but he always forgets that – there are always so many things wandering around in his little head, there are always so many things to do. Of course, he wasn't one of those guys who stink in the bus; at least he had the decency not to walk around with such foibles. But there were these days when his luck came so apart at the seams that he forgot to wash his clothes. What can you say. He took a long, pissed drag.

"Motherfuckers! Fucking motherfuckers! You fucking fucks!", he gnashed his teeth as he was mumbling under his breath and even though he smokes too much his teeth hadn't turn yellow yet nor did his fingers look like dried shit. Nothing like that would ever happen though. He'd rather chop his fingers than cut off smoking. He gripped his belt and snapped the thick heel of his boot on the pavement. He turned around to look at the shop again and sniffled his nose.

"Fuckers! Stupid fucks..", he gripped the cig between his teeth and walked away. His concern wasn't whether he was losing money or not – this was a constant and unchanged situation – but his stupidity. He couldn't understand how he manages to lose every time since he's a smarty when it comes to catching bets. He knew when was the right time to show the money and how many, he felt it and he knew it would go well. Whenever he advised someone else what to do, they thanked him later for the hundred bucks they made without even thinking what they had to do in the first place. They just ended up with money in their pockets.

He was jinxed with himself. That's what it is. Many laughed when they'd watch him sit at the central table inside the betting shop and hit his fist on it for one more time while he was clutching the little betting papers in the other hand. His position, his gaze, the way he blinked – always the same. He always had the same longing to win. The same shit every time. He was the local joker. The old chaps were laughing and their eyes turned into small thin lines from the wrinkles, their sideburns were curly and some of them wore hats with the name of a repair shop in the middle.

They went too far today. Especially Korina. Yet it was her betting shop and she had every right to do anything she pleased with it. He declared it clearly: "I'm not gonna step in this shithole again", he meant it this time. Korina laughed and her tattooed shoulders were going up and down in every breath she took, her hoops were going back and forth as if they were a tied lasso around his fucking neck until it'd choked him.