Five

Early update!! Why?

Cause I can

Thanks for the comments they made me excited to keep on writing. 28 chapters drafted 8 chapters written...

Ok Enjoy.

Also do y'all prefer the original title and cover? Or should I stick with something new

Year 2

"Lance?" A concerned Shiro asked, sliding next to the boy. "Are you doing alright?" He asked putting a hand on his shoulder, surprisingly Lance didn't shrug away, he just stared, one hand around a mug of hot chocolate.

After a moment of silence he spoke up. "It's been two years Shiro." he said, his voice breaking and fading off to a whisper. "Two years since... Since Pidge."

"I know." Shiro said quietly, giving his shoulder a small squeeze.

"I-." Lance went quiet before starting again. "I dont... I can't believe she's dead, Shiro." Lance turned to look at him. "I just know it, she..." His voice broke and silence took its place. "How did that galra have her bayard?" His grip tightened on the mug

Shiro remained silent, he knew that Lance didn't need him to respond, he just needed to talk. "How is this not affecting you?" Lance asked glaring at Shiro. "It's as if none of you guys actually cared about her!" He yelled his anger suddenly there, he burst out of his chair throwing his arm, the other paladins there looked shocked. Allura stood up glaring at him.

"We all loved Pidge." She said, her eyes filling with tears. "How could you say that?!" Her voice faded off as she tried to fight off the tears. "She was a family and we will never be whole without her." Allura was hastily swiping at the tears on her face, turning away from the others.

A cough brought all of their attention to the doorway where Coran was. "A galra ship just entered radar..."

Lance moved towards Coran "Perfect, I needed to blow off some steam." He said exiting the room. Shiro sighed looking up and making eye contact with a concerned Allura.

Alarms blared, startling Pidge awake, a string of curses flowed out of her mouth as she stumbled out of bed. Still cursing she threw open her door. "What the quiznak is happening?!" She exclaimed startling a passing by Galra, he turned facing her doing a quick salute. "Sorry Ma'am but it appears the Paladins are attacked." Pidge gestured for him to go, his weapon gripped tight in his hand as he continued onward. Pidge sighed, rubbing her forehead, she reached for a hair tie around her wrist, it now reached her shoulder blades so she'd need to get out of her face for the fight coming up. Then she tapped her halo watch three times letting the suit take over her body, except for the helmet. With her hair done in a high ponytail she reached for the bayard resting next to her bed.

Another blast shook the ship, a distraction most likely. The paladins would want to save the prisoners rather than just blow them up. It was rather heroic. Pidge shook her head, the paladins were her enemies, no matter what they did that impressed her, they were the enemy.

Pidge darted down the hall heading towards the cellblock. It would be where the paladins would show up to, eventually. Quickly putting in her earpiece she tapped into the galra's communications.

"-Ighter jets prepare for take off." Another blast rocked the ship causing her to stumble into the wall.

Hearing voices outside of the earpiece she slowed down pressing herself against the wall, holding her fingers against the watch, her helmet rose up circling her face. Gripping the bayard tightly The voices were getting closer, definitely weren't galra/