White Lightening

***DISCLAIMER: I do not own Yugioh or the characters; just the plot! May proper credit be given to the artist of the featured photo as well!

Alright! I just decided it would be fun to start a book of one-shots with hilarious side stories!

Here is the first one, a side story from my main story Kaiba Knows  (If you haven't read it, please give it some love and attention! LOL). 

Our main star for this story: Seto Kaiba!

With supporting roles: Yugi Muto and Mokuba Kaiba!

Guest star appearance: Yami Yugi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaiba checked his phone as he sat in bed leaning against the headboard. He was swiping his finger and glancing through his emails searching for anything important. He spotted one that caught his attention as it pertained to the business trip he was supposed to be leaving that evening for. He tapped on it and quickly read what it said. "Tch, seriously? Last minute cancellation." He growled to himself in annoyance. The CEO of another smaller company that he was going to talk to had to cancel due to some sudden illness and had made the excuse he didn't want to pass it along to the CEO of Kaiba Corp. The teen rolled his eyes. "They probably didn't have a proper proposal ready for me." He tossed his phone on the bed beside him and let his head fall back on the wooden board. Well... Mokuba's at school and I don't have to pack or go anywhere...guess I can do whatever I want today until he gets back.

Kaiba's usual routine was to get up before the sun rose, check his work email, workout and shower, prepare paperwork and go over business proposals that needed to be addressed for the day, and attend various in person and video call meetings. Today, he didn't need to do any of that as he had kept in clear to travel. Slowly, his lips curved into a smirk. He was alone, no one to tell him he had meetings to attend to, and no one to catch him being a normal teenager for once. He checked the clock once more. "Alright, just gotta make sure to set an alarm so that I have time before Mokuba gets back."

~~~

The CEO teen came out of his room in just his boxers and phone in hand. He hummed a soft tune as he adjusted a few things on an app that he had designed. Brilliantly, he had designed a sound system that ran through the house and could easily be controlled as a whole or individual units in each room of the mansion. He tapped a few more buttons on his phone screen before his set playlist began to play and fill the quiet house as if there was a raging party happening.

He slid across the wooden and tiled floors in his socks as he grooved and moved to the beats of each song that played. Not a care in the world and, for just a few moments, he didn't have to carry the burdening stress of his company on his shoulders. He rarely had opportunities like this to just be himself and let loose; so he always took full advantage. Seto would break his normal strict routine of work, work, work; and just play, play, play.

After making his way to the kitchen for an armful of different snacks he headed to his game room to catch up on some video games he had been wanting to play but had the lack of time to do so. His snacks were sprawled out on the floor as he sat up back in a bean bag chair smashing buttons and wiggling joysticks as he played. Most of the games weren't that challenging for the brunette but there were a few that would get him frustrated; especially when it was just plat-formers that wouldn't cooperate or the controls just didn't seem to function correctly. Nonetheless, he found them quite entertaining.

A few hours had passed and Seto played through a few games but grew restless sitting for so long; he just couldn't get work completely off his mind. I know it's a rare opportunity to relax...but I can't just sit here and play games all day long...what else can I do? He clicked his tongue as he pondered what else he could do to occupy his time. Oh! I can try out that new karaoke simulator thing I have been working on for the Kaiba Corp VR system! With that thought, he was off to pull out his self-designed VR set.