08 | soft grass

=====

=====

Oikawa's POV

"Just you. I like the way you carry yourself, with all that confidence, but most of the time you're all anxious and trying to fit in."

The anxiety eating away at my nerves left and, in its wake, were a million butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

"Me?"

He nodded. I thought I was dreaming. His smile did little to assure me I wasn't.

"Haha, yeah. You. What about you, though? Is there someone you find yourself watching a lot?"

Huh? Watching a lot?

I wasn't sure what he meant. Does he mean he's developing a crush on me or that he's just watching me?

He shuffled closer and stared at me in interest, urging me to force an answer out of my mouth in a panic.

"You're pretty... nice to watch. You're flexible and strong, so, uh, you know... It's nice seeing you lift stuff and climb trees and... When you're cooking and dancing around and shi- stuff... I guess."

After making such a fool of myself, I could only direct my eyes away from him in embarrassment. He pulled my arm away from my face. I hadn't realized he sat up.

Those piercing eyes of his seemed to stare into the deep depths of my soul as he looked down at me.

He didn't say anything for a moment; neither of us did. We just eyed each other. His cheeks, lips, jaw, neck, and down to his chest, then back up. My eyes ate it all up.

He's so fucking gorgeous, man.

His face was impossibly closer to mine. My body was too tingly with the butterflies spreading through me from my stomach, so I couldn't tell if it was him leaning in or me sitting up. Maybe it was both.

The next thing I knew, a soft pair of lips was resting on my cheek. They pulled away a moment later with the tender sound of separation from the skin-to-skin contact.

My wide eyes connected with his then glanced down quickly at his lips, which were drawn into the most delicate smile I've ever seen.

"Good night, Tooru-San."

As he got into the bed, I couldn't seem to draw my eyes away from the ceiling fan, which was spinning slowly in a clockwise circle.

It was then that I realized Shouyou had just kissed me. My cheek, anyway. I brought a hand up to my the burning skin of my cheek, hoping to preserve that gentle warmth a bit longer.

"... 'Night."

I didn't sleep much that night.

-----