Chapter 6

AUTHORS NOTE: guys, I am so sorry for the delay! I finally got over my summer trips and work being exhausting...
TW: mentions of suicide
— — —
East Blue - 1999 - Summer
Reader Pov

I woke up to the sounds of my alarm blasting on my nightstand. I hit it a few times, groaning in my pillow out of annoyance.

"Okay, i'm up." I say.

I get up and go to my bathroom, washing my face from remaining makeup from the club.

"I'm so tired my robin." I say to myself.

I tie my hair up in a ponytail, and put on my restaurant uniform. I walk out to the bus stop, sitting down with a sigh.

"Beautiful day isn't it?" A female voice says.

"Yeah, honestly I wish I could say the same." I say shivering slightly.

The woman chuckles, and looks up from her book.

"Take care of yourself." She says, getting up.

I look at her weirdly, her blunt curtain bangs swishing as she walks off. I ignore the shiver running down my spine as the bus pulls up.

I go on the bus, and look out the window, thinking of my expenses. I almost have the 6000$ by the deadline, so i'm extremely relieved.

"Next stop..."

I look up and see the restaurant in plain sight. I get off and walk in, smiling at Carrot who waves excitedly.

"Hi! I have been waiting to see you!" She says.

I laugh and set my bag in the locker room, giving a slight nod to Kreig.

"How are you (Y/n)? I have been out of work due to morning sickness and hospital trips." Carrot asks.

"Honestly, just working. I have been coming here and then going to my other job." I answer.

Carrot sighs, and smiles reassuringly.

"Hey, you are the strongest person I know." She says.

I look at the window, trying to not get too emotional.

"My doctor told me the gender!" She says suddenly.

"Oh really? What is it!" I ask.

"A girl!" She says with cheery tears.

I give her a hug, and we both cheer. Kreig grunts a be quiet and we settle down.

"Okay, I will set up now." She says laughing.

I nod her as a dismissal, and I start cleaning up for opening.
— — —
I walk up to my apartment building, shuffling for my keys in my bag.

"Miss (L/n)?" A voice calls out.

I turn and see the debt collectors, making me sweat.

"The deadline isn't here yet? I almost have it I promise you, literally another two days." I say.

"Don't worry, we will keep that promise." The woman says.

She lights up a cigarette, and takes a long drag.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but recent discovery has shown that your parents had a secret loan taken out with some loan sharks." She says finally.

I drop my hands to my side.

"The loan was 150,000." She continues.

I drop to the ground, my bare knees scraping against the concrete. I cover my face.