chapter fifteen

"Hereupon your success of your latest mission, the Council has decided to grant you, Young Moorena and Young Skywalker, the title and honor of Jedi Knight," A breath was knocked out of me as I leant against Anakin for support. "Your successful Trials were clear indication that you are the utmost prepared for becoming a Jedi Knight and your ceremonies will be commenced tomorrow night." Master Stass spoke proudly, as all the Masters stood up in honor of us.

I couldn't believe the words I was hearing. After so many years of working and training and hoping, I would finally achieve my dream of becoming a Jedi Knight and Master. Everything I've ever wanted, within a days time. I looked to Anakin who was beaming with happiness and weirdly enough, his smile was what made me most excited of all. All in one day's time.

"We sent you to Kuat as your Trials, and you passed with flying colors." Master Windu spoke, in his very rare tone of kindness. His critical stare, however, remained intact as he took us in. "Most importantly, neither of you let emotions or attachments deter you from completing what needed to be done."

Anakin and I could do nothing but nod, too happy to care very much about anything else than our upcoming ceremonies. Finally this braid could be chopped off and I could let my hair down. It would be very nice not having the Council breathing down our necks at every turn, a chance to just be free, even for a little bit.

We had been summoned moments after our arrival from Kuat to speak before the Council. We barely even had enough time to shower and change before Obi-Wan was banging on our doors. I had been able to cry out all my emotions in the shower before standing in front of people, but the thoughts and emotions still rested on the precipice of my mind, like an ever-present gloomy cloud. Anakin was treated for his nose and the bump on his head, but he would otherwise be okay, a mild concussion would heal. Ovan, on the other hand, bid us farewell and flew back home.

As we were dismissed, we slowly began our trek back our rooms, a pleasant gleam on both of our faces.

"I can't wait to tell Padme." I broke the quiet silence as Anakin walked in step with me.

"She'll be so proud of you."

"Of us." I smiled, turning to face him for a moment. "We'll get to chop this braid off-"

"And no longer be monitored by the Council." I nodded as he turned to face me as well. I could never have believed or expected to be talking so comfortably next to Anakin, our Masters ceremony less than a day away. I wouldn't be able to believe any of it. His eyes softened slightly as he stared. "You look so beautiful." The butterflies in my stomach could not be quelled as I turned my face away trying to hide my smile.

"Ani, I could have never imagined any of this a year ago." He smiled looking away briefly.

"Fond memories of me whooping your ass in training." I scowled as he laughed.

"If I remember correctly, dear Ani, I won those training days and every other competition we've ever had."

He raised his eyebrows in contest, sliding closer to me making me swallow hard.

"If that's what you think, then we both know you're lying." We had stopped walking by now and had found our conversation moved to a hidden corner in the hall near our rooms that I usually would use to avoid seeing anybody I didn't want to deal with.

This time I was the one raising my eyebrows settling my hand on his chest. "Shall I bring up last night?" Which honestly felt so long ago. His face reddened as he tried to cool himself. "Don't look so flustered, Anakin." I whispered and he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, Princess."

"That's it? No further argument?" I teased further.

He turned his head back to me, grabbing my hand that had settled against his chest, pressing his soft lips against my palm, his eyes burning into me. "You've got such a mouth on you, don't you? Someone should teach you what to do with it." His body was a force pressing into me, his warmth extending its reach all over me. My back was cool and firm against the wall and his proximity had my heart racing.