I

Time 6:45 a.m.
Loren's Pov

Five years! It's been five years since I've last seen Jeremiah! The last time I've spoken to him was when we argued about a girl he use to be with. After that, he disappeared. No call, no texts, didn't even come home that night.

"Lo, I don't care about nobody else other than you. How many times do I have to tell you that?" He said walking out the bedroom yelling.

"First of all keep your voice down, the kids are sleeping! Second, you must think I'm stupid! Why is she calling you at 2 in the morning J?" I ran in front of him getting in his way.

"Lo, move! I told you I don't know! You either believe me or you don't!" He shoved me out the way & went downstairs. I followed & got in front of him again.

"You doing this shit again J? I'm tired of it, you have kids J! Not one but two, twins at that! You're not being a great role model & I can't do this shot on my own!" Looking in his eyes, I knew this wasn't going to end well.

"You know what, I'm done with this conversation! I told you what it was from the jump! I'll be back in the morning!"

"You're not going anywhere, we're not done fixing this!" He rushed passed me & slammed the door on his way out. With that, I haven't seen him since.

I have twins, Jalyn & Jadyn! Jadyn is so much like me it's crazy! My mini me! Jalyn is like his daddy, stubborn but sweet at the same time! We moved here to Atlanta maybe a month after Jeremiah left.

"Jalyn, Jadyn get up!! Time for school!" Came in my babies' room & kissed their faces. "Ma, 5 more minutes please?!" Jalyn asked. "No, I let you stay up a little too late last night, so get up! If I come in here again, y'all got it coming!" I walked out their room & went downstairs.

I started making breakfast. I decided waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage & biscuits. By the time I was done, both my babies came down dressed & ready for school. "Aww look at y'all!" I went over & gave them some sugar. "Alright mommy, you can stop!" Jadyn said laughing. I gave in & went back to finishing up.

"Jalyn, can you set the table for me please?" He said yes ma'am & got 3 plates, forks & cups. "Thank you baby!" They sat down & I brought the food to the table. I sat down & made sure everything was straight. "So who's saying grace today?" Jadyn volunteered.

"God is good, God is great! Let us thank Him for this food & let it be nourishment to our bodies! I pray that all sickness & diseases are far from it! In Jesus name, we pray, Amen!" We all came to agreement & started digging in.

"Are y'all going to have a good day at school today?" They both smiled at the same time. "Yes ma'am!" They both said! "It's the last day of school, so summer is right around the corner! Y'all excited?" They both shook their yes excitedly. I laughed at how so in-sync my babies are.

"Nanna is coming to pick y'all up today but I'll be here as soon as y'all get home!" I looked at the time & realized we were running late. "Okay y'all, let's go! Put y'all plates in the sink, get your backpacks & anything else you need!" They did as told & we left.

"Mommy, turn it up please that's my jam!" Jadyn said while dancing & singing. I turned it up & realizing it was Forever My Lady by Jodeci. "Boy, what you know about this?" I joined him. My babies have gifts & there going to be something one day! After the song, we pull in the school's parking lot.

"Before y'all get out, what's y'all name?" I looked back at them.
"Jalyn Nehemiah Smith!"

"Jadyn Nasir Smith!"

"Correct, & whose child are you?"

"Yours & most importantly, God's!"

"Yes, now go in there & rock this last day of school!" We did our special handshake & got out the car.

"I love y'all, be good" We went our separate ways & I went to the main office.

"Hello, how may I help you today?" The lady asked me.

"Hi! Yes, I was just letting you know my mom would be picking up my kids today! Jadyn & Jayln Smith!

"Okay, thank you for letting us know! You have a great day!" I smiled at her & told her the same thing. I got in the car & went home.

"Have you ever found someone you given your heart to? ONLY TO FIND THAT ONE, WON'T GIVE THEIR HEART TO YOU? SING BRANDYYYY!" I sung as I cleaned the house! I decided to do some cleaning since I didn't have to go into the office today.

After I finished, I went upstairs and laid down.

I know this is short but I got stuff coming! Just trying to get use to writing again!