𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

5 years later 

"Be careful, little man!" -Alexander exclaimed as he neared his son. -"We don't want you to get hurt now, do we?"

Hearing Belhor's giggles as he kept playing around with his father in the garden of the cottage was a blessing to your ears.

Your wedding ring made a clicking sound against the warm cup filled with coffee that you prepared, and you leaned on the wooden fence around the house.

You appreciated the sight of them having fun together. You took a long sip of your drink as you smiled, and Alexander looked back at you. You knew he felt your eyes on him.

Your features might have been contagious because his lips turned upwards immediately. Then, he stood up, resting his hands on your son's shoulders gently.

"Any reason behind that smile, darling?" -He tilted his head slightly.

You shrugged, your grin staying. -"No. I'm just happy."

Alexander kissed Belhor's head and let him play on his own for a bit longer; he earned it given that he had already finished his homework. Then, he approached you as you continued talking:

"I mean, it truly makes me happy that we finally got tranquility and peace." -You admitted, recalling all the obstacles life had put you two through.

Alexander smiled again and hugged you from behind as he rested his chin on your right shoulder. He left a kiss there, making you giggle.

"Same here, love." -He agreed. -"We fought for it for a very long time, we deserved it... And yet, if it wasn't for that Demon who saved us, we probably wouldn't be here right now."

You nodded and turned around, placing your arms around his neck. You were still holding the almost empty cup in your hand carefully.

"Well, Nicholas was on his way to help us, though." -You chuckled, acknowledging his attempt to help you both.

"So attentive, as always." -He taunted, but you knew that deep down he felt truly grateful for his brother.

You shook your head amusedly. Then, Alexander grabbed you by the silver necklace he gave you gently and pulled you closer to him. You leaned in to kiss his addictive lips, but before they could touch, you heard a sound coming from the garden, and he rolled his eyes.

"Belhor, I already told you that you shouldn't—" -His voice faded as he looked at his son; the sight left him speechless.

You frowned and followed his gaze, and then a gasp escaped your lips when you saw what was happening.

Belhor was laughing as he floated about a meter from the grass. The tip of his fingers were emerging tiny, white sparks too; just like the ones Alexander could create.

Your mouth opened in shock. He hadn't shown any of them until that day, and you didn't know how to take the fact that your son really had powers... 

But Alexander did know how to take it, though.

Before you realized it, he had left your side and was running towards Belhor with his arms raised, squealing happily and jumping around him. He began encouraging him to keep doing it, and it made your son float even higher.

"Are you seeing this!? He's got powers too!" -Alexander celebrated, looking back at you. -"Just like his dad. Oh, dear, I have so much to teach him!"

Watching him so thrilled and proud about Belhor sharing his magic made your heart melt, and any possible doubts vanished completely.

It was in that exact moment when you fully realized how right he was about something he said some months ago...

You knew you would go through Hell for him again, for Alexander had become your favourite worst nightmare.