5 - PURIFICATION

I think I might have fallen asleep in the silent void of space

I do not know how much time has passed when I open my eyes again. The First Order sends a carrier and an escort of TIE Fighters to save the Captain and the Strike Team. I see the legion arrive out of lightspeed from a fair enough distance away. The momentum from getting pulled out of the cockpit has pulled me farther away, and I'm spinning slightly. No amount of flapping my wings or twisting does anything, but then again there is nothing in space. No air to fly in.

I let out a silent scream as the carrier hooks up to the shattered transport ship and takes it away, blurring into lightspeed from the direction it came. The TIE Fighters spin about, turning wide, and then one comes flying at me, invisible in space. I lash out with the Force, grabbing onto the hull and yanking myself onto it until I can wrap my claws around the joints where the wings connect to the cockpit. Then the TIE Fighter leaps into lightspeed, and I have to tuck my head under a wing because of the dizzying sight of millions of stars whipping by. The appalling thing about my current situation is that there is no breeze, no wind. If not for the sickening visual effect, I would not know I am moving.

I peek from under my wing a while later, and watch the stars slow to a stop, the bulk of the Supremacy appearing before us. I let go of the ship as it continues to brake, the forward movement sending me speeding towards the open hangar. The tremor of the shields passes through me, and then sound and vibration rushes through me, almost terrifying in the sudden resurgence of feeling. I flare my wings, able to fly again in the air pumped into the area, and land heavily in the center of the room, Stormtroopers scattering under my talons. I collapse from my form, thin ice crystals shattering around me as I suck breath in that I suddenly realize I do not need.

Voices thunder in my head and I finally isolate the one that hurts the most. Snoke calls for me, so I claw upright, and sprint for the elevator I need.

~~~

Snoke is standing when I enter the room, still unable to catch my breath.

"What happened." He asks immediately, turning to limp towards me a few steps. I stagger into a bow.

"Ship was attacked. Hux made it, right?"

Snoke nods, tilting his head.

"I pushed Hux into the airlock when the blast hit, and then I was sucked out into space. I thought I would die. But I never breathed. I think I fell asleep for a while."

"What did you see while you slept?"

"I-" I straighten out of my bow. I barely remembered what I'd seen.

"Do you need help remembering?" Snoke asks softly. I nod, eyes unfocused onto the space beyond the great window. I feel the Force wake up around me, and then Snoke reaches into my head.

Threads.

I'd seen threads, great shining cords wrapped around a figure and stretching into the darkness. With Snoke's power, the dream sharpened, revealing Hux in the center of the web.

"They're the threads of his fate. When you fell asleep, you saw futures." Snoke's voice echoes in my mind, still painful in its volume. I had been deaf before...

"Am I powerful enough to see futures?"

"True open space must have been so depriving of your senses that it allowed you to entirely disassociate. Distraction is the bane of seeing." The dream snaps, Snoke uncurling his fist, and the Force quiets as he returns to his throne. "You did not see any of the futures Hux holds, but you saw the source. You see he is important."

I nod quietly.

"You did well in saving him so quickly. I am proud of you being ready to sacrifice yourself to save him."

I wonder... did Snoke see my threads? Did he see my futures, and did he care?

"I merely did as you commanded, Supreme Leader."