PROLOGUE

─────────WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

─────────
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

TRINITY Lewis was born on May twenty fourth, two thousand and two, to the parents of Lorraine and Devon Lewis. They weren't proud of their newborn, nor were they happy.

In fact, they never desired a child, but after a night of irresponsibility, they had no choice but to raise this child.

Devon's parents were heavily against abortion as they were devout catholics, forcing Lorraine to carry an unwanted child to term. It was her worst nightmare. But she couldn't wake up from this one.

Lorraine wanted nothing more than to see the child die, but fate had other plans.

Despite their best efforts, their little girl came into the world screaming and kicking, weighing seven pounds. Lorraine and Devon didn't love Trinity. They thought she was a waste of space. She was the constant reminder of what went wrong in their lives.

When she was a newborn, they only have her the bare minimum. They clothed her and fed her, but they didn't hold her when she cried. They didn't give her the love, care and affection that she needed in order to grow up healthily.

At the tender age of six, they left her to her own devices.

She was soon forced to learn how to fend for herself, when she realised her parents didn't care about her. She had to learn how to cook and clean for herself. She could get herself to school and back on the school bus.

Nobody thought much of it. Whenever there parent meetings, Trinity told them the same thing: "My parents are busy, so they can't make it..I'm sorry."

At the age of seven, she knew how to get the groceries from the store. Nobody said anything when they saw the little girl toddle around the supermarket herself, expertly getting the things she needed.

They always complimented how smart she was and how her parents must be proud of her. Trinity always gave them a pained smile, her dark eyes always filled with tears.

Her parents always left her copious amounts of money to get groceries and pay the bills. By eight, she knew how much to spend on utility, groceries and heating.

Her parents had left the house to her, but it wasn't officially in her name. Due to her parents neglect, she was forced to grow up before her time. Her parents were paying for her to whatever she wanted. She had a lot of responsibilities weighing down on her young shoulders.

At school, she didn't dare make any friends. She couldn't let anyone know about her situation. She didn't want to bother anyone. She didn't want her parents to get in trouble. Her parents could get extremely volatile if angry.