0.50

Math class.

For two solid reasons, this is the worst class to exist.

The first reason is that math will always be complicated. If you don't pay attention, you'll miss everything.

The second reason is that Choi Beomgyu sits next to me.

Ever since Ryujin and him started dating, I can't face him. Ryujin has been my best friend since the start of high school. We tell each other everything. Well, not everything. I never told her I liked Beomgyu.

She never told me she liked him either.

Last year, she approached me out of nowhere, telling me Beomgyu and her were dating. My heart shattered, but I knew I didn't have the right to be angry. I never told her about my crush in the first place. As a friend, I just need to be happy for her even though I was the one who liked him first.

I was lying my head on my desk, trying to block out my teacher's voice. He was rambling on about logistical equations. Suddenly I felt someone poke my head. "Chaeryeong?"

I let out a muffled groan.

"Wake up, Chaeryeong. Let me see your answers."

Beomgyu messed up my hair by running his fingers through it. I raised my head, pushing him off.

"Do you know how long it takes to straighten my hair every morning?" I scolded him as I pinned the pieces back into place.

"You girls and your hair," he said, shaking his head.

"Sorry, I like to spend my time on my hygiene rather than using a three-in-one soap."

"Soap is soap." He held his palms out and shrugged.

I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes.

He just smiled at me. Clearly, he finds annoying me amusing. He grabbed my notebook and began copying my answers.

"Your handwriting is so sloppy."

"Because it's for me to understand." I grabbed my notebook back from him.

He leaned closer and grabbed my wrist, trying to grab it back. "Don't be mean."

I immediately yanked my hands away from his grip. Now is not the time for me to turn into a blushing monster. "Here!" I tossed my notebook down in front of him. "Just take it," I raised my voice.

Beomgyu jumped a little. "Calm down, Chaeryeong. I'm only teasing you."

"Just copy it in silence."

"You used to be so nice to me. Now you're always bullying me."

"I don't bully you."

"Yes, you do. You won't walk to school with me. You always insult me, and you act like im poisonous.

"I just.."

"You just?" He raised his eyebrow. He was staring at me with a worried expression on his face. If only he knew how difficult this is for me.

The bell rang, ironically saving my ass. I stood up from my seat and headed towards the door.

Beomgyu yelled, "Wait for your book."

"Give it to me tomorrow," I yelled, not looking back at him.

I just need to get out of here. I sprinted as fast as I could towards the building's exit. Luckily my final class of the day was math. As I turned down the hallway, I bumped into someone's chest. Taehyun was standing there as I looked up.

"Chaeryeong!" He said, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! Sorry I was in a hurry." I looked behind me, and Beomgyu seemed to be catching up. I turned back around, and Taehyun was staring me down. He seemed to sense my uneasiness.

"Can you tell me where the closest dry cleaner is?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked, confused. I had to double-check that I was hearing him correctly. "Why do you need the dry cleaners?"

"I want to drop my jacket off."

"Oh, yeah, I think there's one nearby," I answered, my voice still shaking.

"Can you take me there?"

"Like right now?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

I turned around, and Beomygu was approaching us. "Okay! Let's go now." I quickly grabbed Taehyun's hand and sprinted toward the exit.

You just saved me, Taehyun.

© -midzyspider