part fifteen

My jaw dropped as I listened to his words closely.

"We haven't in over a month-" I couldn't process what was being said to me as the news hit like a train.

Marco looked even more distressed than ever before. He pinched his temple tightly trying to get rid of the migraine forming in his skull.

"You have no idea how much danger you and ace have put you in. This cannot get out to anyone." His words where harsh and angry, but not at me.

"I'm going to make arrangements for you-" he was cut off by the sound of yelling on the deck.

"Stay. put." He looked like his blood vessels where going to burst at any moment.

I ignored him sneaking up to the top deck with everyone else. Marco was to busy telling everyone to get under and away.

The sides of the Moby Dick began to crack as a man dragging a large bottle of sake behind him approached pops. Neither looked comfortable.

"You must excuse me, it's hard to stay calm when I'm on an enemies ship." He paused momentarily sharing the sake he brought with him. "You know, whitebeard... I've fought countless battles, and I've recived countless scars as well. But the only one that's aching right now is this one right here." He rubbed his fingers overthe deep scar over his eye. The one on my cheek and lip resembled it in a way.

"I didn't get this scar from an adventure, or from my fight with hawkeye. No. This one came from someone who was on your crew. Blackbeard. Teach." Thr nsmr angered me. "And this didn't happen from me being careless either. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

Ace, I hope your okay.

I didn't listen to the rest of their conversation boy wanting to get more worked up than I was.

"I. AM. WHITEBEARD." the clashing of their swords almost sent me over the side of the ship. The clouds in the sky folded and changed. So this was real power.

Marco grabbed me by the arm and dragged me infront of whitebeard. I has no clue what was going on.

"Pops, I think it's best if (Y/N) goes back to shore. Without Ace here, it just isn't safe anymore. Especially with her-" my fist made hard contact with Marcos nose, but he just stood and took it.

"Pops, I'm asking if I could accompany miss (Y/N) with the red haired pirates, and bring her back to land!" He bowed. I could see him physically shaking.

"These people come onto my ship, insult me and my children's abilities and you-" Marco interrupted him begging.

Whitebeard knew Marco of all his sons would never do something like that, and I could see it on his face.

"Would you consider this a betrayal, Marco?" Whitebeard questioned with a dark aura.

"No sir, but I'm willing to take any punishment you feel fit!" I could feel the pure fear radiating off of Marco. His breathing was fast and I could practically hear the sweat running down his face.

"Very well. Your punishment will be decided once you have returned." I could hear it in his voice. He had no intention of punishing Marco.

"Shanks, is this fine with you?" He snarled gripping his weapon tighter.

Shankes opened his mouth in disagreement until one of his crew members whispered something in his ear.

"We agree."

"Let's go pack." Marco said, his hands still shaking.

I followed behind him but went to Aces room instead of His.

I gently touched the bed sheets that still smelled so thickly of Ace. I looked at the decorations he had up on the walls and such. All of Luffys bounty and ship's from magazines about him layrd on his side bed. I packed my bag and got dressed into the outfit I first showed up in. The first time Ace had seen me in years.

"We need to get going before Pops and shanks fight again."

I shoved a few things in my bag- well, Aces bag. I went to walk out, when something slipped out from under a paper I brushed past.

A bracelet fell from under the papers. It was one of the ones Ace always wore, and only took off for bed. It was his white and red one. On the inside his name was engraved.

I slipped it on my wrist and followed after Marco quickly. I didn't want to piss off red haired shanks.

I gave whitebeard one more look, but he just nodded a goodbye as we boarded the pirates ship.

"Welcome to the red haired pirates!" The captain smiled wide ushering us on board. Marco didn't let go of his hold on me. Not even for a moment.

.
.
.

Sleep well! Don't forget your medications! Make sure you've had a glass of water and eaten!