Chapter 1: Virtualization

*Hello, everyone. I've been meaning to write this type of crossover for a while since no one's really done it before. Although Code Lyoko is a fairly niche series, I think I've come up with a cool way to mix it with Dragon Ball, especially in regard to Kid Goku, Dr. Gero, and the Red Ribbon Army. I hope you guys enjoy this first chapter, even if you don't exactly know or have watched Code Lyoko in the past.

Southwest of the Sacred Land of Korin, Age 750 (2003)

The Red Ribbon Army's headquarters had become nothing, but ruins. After a powerful young boy, Son Goku, defeated its leader and remaining soldiers, the castle-like facility was almost immediately deserted. In a way, it was as if the once formidable organization had never existed at all. And for the rest of the world outside Japan, this was a huge relief. The presence of such evil didn't deserve to be remembered, even if some of its remaining followers would attempt to continue the army's vile legacy. One such follower, in fact, had left behind some unsettling research relating to the Red Ribbon Army's planned conquest for world domination.

Unfortunately, this research was about to be unearthed by an intelligent, yet overly curious teen named Bulma.

She had short blue hair with bangs that were brushed over to the ride side of her face. Her eyes were a slightly darker blue while she wore a yellow-white hoodie with a red T-shirt present underneath. Bulma also had on a white skirt and dark blue tennis shoes with yellow socks to match. Although this outfit seemed casual, Bulma appeared to be scavenging through the outskirts of the deteriorated base.

Considering she was the heiress of Capsule Corp, a multimillion-dollar tech company, Bulma's inner scientist probably convinced her to look around for spare parts and inventions. The Red Ribbon Army had to have gotten their advanced technology and weapons from somewhere, of course, so why not?

She, however, began to regret this decision after realizing how creepy this place was.

"Sheesh. I really don't like how quiet it is here. Maybe I should have brought Yamcha with me, after all..." Bulma grimaced. Admittedly, her and Yamcha were going through a bit of a rough patch in their relationship, but the moral support would be appreciated, nonetheless.

She sighed and continued scanning the premises for anything unique. Whole buildings were shattered to pieces, most likely as a result of Goku's one-man invasion of the base a few months prior. Various machine guns were also left abandoned due to the same, impactful event. It appeared that the soldiers quickly surrendered after seeing how dangerous Goku was and honestly, she couldn't blame them. At times, that kid was far too strong for his own good.

Bulma frowned at the sudden thought of her friend. It had been quite a while since he left Baba's Palace to continue his martial arts training.

"I wonder how that goofball's doing. Probably still fighting and eating as always." The girl chuckled.

Distracted by her own thoughts, Bulma unceremoniously tripped over a piece of rubble on the floor.

"WAAAHHHHH!" She screamed. The poor girl faceplanted into the concrete floor, causing her entire body to squirm a bit.

She slowly picked herself up with comical tears in her eyes. "Owwww. Why'd that stupid rock need to be there anyway...?"

Bulma paused to see that tripping over the rock caused a hidden door to open up beneath her feet. She quirked a brow in surprise.

"A secret entrance? That's new."

Bulma inched her body forward, seeing that a series of stairs presided within the hidden passageway. Part of her wanted to just ignore it and walk way, but on the other hand, going down there to investigate did have its benefits.