"I wish to..." (Nezumi)

Summary: You and Tsugiyoshi are participants in the 12th Juni Taisen, even though the two of you have been friends for some time now, you both don't know exactly each-others abilities when it comes to battle. Who will live and who will die?

-Info-
Pronouns: Gender Neutral (they/them)
Genre: Angst
Extra: You are the warrior of the cat
Warnings: Mentions of blood, and death

A/N: This one might be a long one so here's a rundown: the introduction/history of your family, how you react to being in the Taisen, and the present day, which will be how you're doing on the battlefield, and the ending. It's quite long so I hope it's not too much to read.

1st person (Your pov):
Being in the Juni Taisen wasn't exactly something I was expecting, if anything I was unprepared for what was to come. I wasn't exactly a warrior of any-sort, the only reason why they would have me participate would be because of my ability not many knew of. The cat was once a zodiac on the wheel but ever since it gotten removed from being a zodiac, the organizers of the Taisen stopped sending the red envelopes with a golden seal to anyone that would eventually represent the cat zodiac.

Legend says that when the Taisen first started the cat was no longer part of the zodiac, because the rat tricked it out of it's spot. My family bloodline were the supposed representatives for the cat, only one of my family members participated in the Taisen but they didn't exactly live to tell the tale of what happened, even now we still wonder who was the one that brought death upon them.

When they first got told the news that we were no longer representative for the cat zodiac in the Juni Taisen, some of my family members were outraged while others were relieved. My father would tell the story of what the Taisen was (in parts that got told to him when he was younger) and that I didn't have to worry about it since none of us were going to participate any longer, I was relieved when I got told that. I hated the thought of going to kill others till there's one person standing, I didn't exactly have any training to kill anyone that is.

A day ago:
I was walking back home since school was over for the day, I was walking with my only and bestest friend Tsugiyoshi. He's been the only person there for me (aside from my parents), and I'm glad to have him by my side. He's a really good listener, and he's always so sleepy which makes me wonder if he just doesn't get a good nights rest or if he's just constantly tired. In all seriousness he's a really great friend, but not many students want to be his friend because of his sleepy appearance, I'm quite fond of him actually.

"Alright you've walked me home now, shouldn't you get going home as well Tsugiyoshi?" I asked the boy as he yawned a bit, "Yeah. I just wanted to make sure you got home safely, besides I enjoy walking with you anyway." He replies; rubbing his eyes tiredly, I frown slightly at the scene before me 'he must be really tired, I should send him home before he falls asleep in front of my house.' I walk over to him and gently place my hand on his shoulder "If you're super tired you should be getting home now. Have you been sleeping well?" I ask him, "Yeah, I've been getting better sleep nowadays. So I'll be leaving now" He turns to leave and waves at me, I wave back and open the door to my home.

As soon as I enter the house I'm greeted by silence, I forgot my parents are gone this week for work matters I sigh to myself and walk to the kitchen, "Hm there's a red envelope here, is it for me or my parents?" The envelope was there on the kitchen table, I pick it up and open the letter carefully; reading the contents. My eyes widen I can feel my head spinning 'No. This isn't possible. Why do this now, when we're not prepared? I'm not prepared!" I collapse to the floor, as the letter I once held flutters down with me as well; landing beside me. "No. No, no, no, no! Why now?! Why me?! I'm not even trained to be a warrior!" I yelled to myself, I have no weapons and nothing to protect myself in a battle.