Chishiya: A Kiss to Remember

(Disclaimer this one shot is not mine)

Real Author:
frickfrackapplesnack

Every night he would wait for you, and every night without fail you would return. It wasn't unusual for Chishiya to return from his games before you, having been to smart for most of the puzzles thrown his way. And, even if it were a physical game, he had his trusty taser to keep him safe. Of course, there had been the rare occasion that you had returned before him, if your game had been closer to the Beach than his was, or night's you didn't attend the games. But that was rare. So tonight, Chishiya was leant up against the wall, hands tucked into his white hoodie waiting patiently for you to return. Car after car full of people back from the games, came parading through the Beach, dropping off those successful enough to survive another night. Kuina had arrived about 15 minutes ago, giving Chishiya a brief hello before excusing herself to have a drink.

"I'll join you when Y/N gets back" He replied.

"Okay," Kuina shrugged, "See you soon then." She said, walking off toward the bar. Chishiya rolled his eyes, he had never been one for drinking afraid having too much would render him useless. Chishiya disagreed with anything that could cause weakness, except for you of course. He had tried hard not to fall for you the moment he saw you in the games. He couldn't lie saying the first thing he hadn't noticed had been your looks, you were gorgeous. But that wasn't enough for him to obsess over you like a lost puppy. No, that happened when you had joined the Beach a mere few weeks after he had first seen you. Of course, you just had to befriend Kuina who had formally introduced you to him. You were warm, enthusiastic, and clever. Three things that made it harder for him to not think about you. He couldn't allow you into his life anymore than he already had. He couldn't let you be his weakness. But then, one night after a particularly hard game, he found himself at the bar having a drink. An extremely rare sight. Chishiya had survived the game with no issue, but he had watched someone, who couldn't have been older than 12 get shot and bleed out right in front of him. Usually, things like this didn't bother him, but tonight, for some reason it did.

You had found him there, taking a seat beside him. The two of you had sat in silence for a while before you asked him something that caught him off guard. "Are you okay?" Chishiya faulted, the glass I his hand frozen halfway to his mouth eyes wide. No one had ever...EVER, asked him that.

"W-what?" He responded, placing his drink gently back onto the table.

"I asked if you were okay." You said, giving him a small smile. "You looked upset, and I was worried." You were worried? About him? No one had ever been worried about him. Against his better judgement Chishiya had told you what had been bothering him, you had listened to every word not once interrupting him. After you had said those 3 words, he couldn't deny it anymore. He had fallen for you, although he would never admit it. He had to keep you safe and the only way to do that was buy keeping it a secret, especially from you. But that's not to say the two of you hadn't formed a strong bond. You were practically insuperable from that night one.

Chishiya was pulled from his thoughts by a car pulling up beside him. He recognised the people as those you had been placed with for tonight's game. His heart lifted in his chest, eager to see you again. But when the car emptied, and you hadn't greeted him with your bright smile his heart dropped. Butterflies forming in his stomach. Chishiya looked over the group spotting Niragi amongst them brandishing his weapon and boasting about how he had practically won the game by himself. Chishiya had to come up with a small white lie to discover your whereabouts, as to not rouse suspicion and not bring to light his true feelings toward you. Quickly forming an idea in his head and walking toward the dark-haired psycho.

"Hey," he called to Niragi. "Where's Y/N, Hatter wants her." Niragi shrugged, throwing his gun over his shoulder, sauntering up to him.

"I don't know," he replied smugly. "The game involved fire...she could have died but the bodies were too burnt to recognise." He continued, looking around. "But she ain't here, so your best bet at finding her is with the pile of bodies they'll be bringing back in a few hours." Niragi smirked. Chishiya felt cold, frozen in place. You couldn't have died; you were too good at the games. "You know, now that I think about it, I might have pushed her into the fire to save myself...you know gotta look out for yourself when it really counts. Her sacrifice will not go unrewarded. I'll pour her a drink when her body arrives." He laughed manically, shoving past Chishiya to get inside.