O N E

| O N E |

 Elizabeth's pov ;

Elizabeth's pov ;

My family's been going to Susannah's beach house in Cousins every summer since I was a baby. Since before I was even born. All year long, I count the days until I'm in that house. The dad's come to visit but it's not their place. They don't belong to it. Not the way we do. The mothers and us kids. The summer house is made of lots of things: the beach, the swimming pool late at night, movie nights with the moms. But the boys most of all.

It's the same every summer. I've always loved that about it. For me. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.

...

"Drew's bummed you're missing the beach matchup with the boy's team next weekend," Taylor, my sister's best-friend, tells her, snapping me back into reality.

"Um, make sure you tell Sophie to square up for the block," Belly speaks up and Taylor jokingly rolls her eyes.

I'm not really listening to them just in my own world when I get a text from Jeremiah, my best-friend.
' Can't wait to see you Lizzy '

My lips curve into a large grin and butterflies erupt in my stomach like a hurricane.

"What's got you smiling so much?" Taylor asks me.

"Nothing," I wink at her. "I'm gonna go pack now. Love you, Taylor."

"Love you too, Liz" she grins as I walk to my bedroom.

I click on Jeremiah's contact slowly wondering if he'll actually want to talk to me. Ugh whatever, I'm just gonna go for it. I then click on the facetime button and wait for him to answer.

He does. His golden brown curly hair glows in the sunlight and his smile lights up his entire face, causing more butterflies to fly around in my stomach.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I smile.

"You look beautiful," he replies, making my heart melt into goo and blush spread on my cheeks. Oh god,why does he make me feel this way.

I turn the phone towards the ceiling and bury my head into my pillow.

"Oh come on, Liz, let me see your face," he whines.

"No, Jere. I have to pack, we're leaving in 10 minutes."

"It only takes a couple seconds for you to show me your face. I'll help you, I swear," he persuades and I finally pick the camera  up to my face.

"Ahh there she is," he beams and I let out a small giggle.

"In your totally honest opinion, would fancy me in this dress kind sir," I say in my impression of a British accent.

"Well, m'lady, I would most definitely fancy you in that dress," he responds in a very terrible British accent and winks. I loudly laugh and place it in the suitcase.

"You're laugh is adorable, you know that?" Jeremiah coos at me.

I blush incredibly and say," no, but thanks, Jere."

"You're welcome," he replies quietly just staring at me.

"Um, my mom's calling. So, I'll see you soon."

"Love you, Lizzy."

"Love you, Jere."