Chapter 17 | Runaway

As Sherlock's head turned sideways and his body went limp, Louise stood up shakily. Then she looked at the maid who was shaking uncontrollably. Her fingernails dug into the blanket and her face was as pale as white snow. 

"Do I look like a demon to you?" Louise asked in a monotonous tone. 

The maid shook her head so intensely that it became a blur with her hair whipping around her face. Isabella then plastered her signature smile on her face again and stormed out of the room. 

She saw Taylor crouched on the floor shaking with wide eyes. 

"Isa- Isabella... tell me... tell me this is a lie!!!" he wheezed and screamed as tears flowed down his face. 

"It was a short time, but Brandon, you gave me so much," she bent her knees to meet him at eye level and pushed a strand of hair over his ear. 

"Isabella... where are... where are you going?" he looked so desperate. 

"Well," Louise stretched her neck, "I can't tell you." It was a hard cold voice that was unknown to Taylor. It cracked his little dream of marrying Isabella and being happy in an instant. 

His sadness turned to rage, "YOU LIED to me." 

"I did," Louise said nonchalantly. 

"H- how dare you," he snapped at her. 

Louise chuckled cutely before slamming his head against the wall, knocking him unconscious. 

꧁༺ ༻꧂

"She will come out from the rear of the manor," a cruel voice hissed in the silent carriage. 

"Understood," the shaky voice of a female followed. 

A pistol clicked and passed onto her small hands. 

"Are you sure you can do this Ms. Marcelle?" 

"Yes..." 

"My men will distract her so you can follow her with ease." 

"Thank you... Mister...?"

"Milverton." 

"Mr. Milverton," the girl blushed. 

꧁༺ ༻꧂

"Brother where are you headed to!!" Louis shouted after his brother who had rushed towards his closet to arm himself with protective gear and a gun. The usual mission-wear. 

"Von Herder's hideout," William fumbled with the vest buckles. 

"But why would we go there now?!" 

"It's the most logical," a pistol snapped at his clever hands, "it's within a kilometer radius of the Taylor mansion there's ammunition, food, and disguise gear, Louise knows where it is. Since the bunker is unregistered, there is a low chance of the Scotland Yard sniffing out her whereabouts, as long as she can get out of the Taylor mansion safely - which I think she can - she will be safe. We need to go there NOW, Louis NOW."

"Of course..." was really all Louis could say. William's eyes flickered like torches as he equipped himself. Louis, followed by Fred and Moran did the same. 

꧁༺ ༻꧂

It was the third pursuer that Louise had killed. Sherlock had carved something deeper than Louise had hoped for. Every single life she inevitably took from being attacked, side by side, she felt worse and worse about herself. I'm horrible. I deserve it. 

Louise had been called many horrendous things before. But as she ascended into nobility, the insults became more roundabout and implied than mere insults are thrown at her face. 

From whore to murderer, the men who lunged at her with knives and axes stabbed her with crude insults which cut deeper due to the injury she gained from Sherlock's words. 

When Sherlock called her a demon with such clear, disgusted eyes, she felt like those words came from William. She always thought there was an eerie resemblance between the two. As if they were long-lost brothers. Louise felt awful for some damned reason, she could not shake off the feeling of grime and dirt made of blood and organs smeared all over her body. 

Every step she neared Von Herder's hideout to find refuge, she became more and more disgusted with herself. 

Why was she doing this? What was she running from in the first place? Why did she become a killer? Was her sense of justice wrong? Was it a sin to murder evil humans? Did she become evil along the way? Why wasn't she as cool and heartless as she initially thought she would be? What changed her? Was it William? Why wasn't she with William? Would he even help her after she left him like that? The more steps she took, the more her resolve crumbled. 

She just had to turn the corner and walk three blocks to reach Herder's hideout. Louise was sure that no one was following her at this point. 

꧁༺ ༻꧂

Willam breathed heavily as the carriage stopped several blocks from Von Herder's hideout. To avoid suspicion and prevent trackers from identifying their carriage they had to go on foot. 

"Boss, you sure that woman is gonna be there?" Moran yawned. 

William had other things on his mind, darting his gaze around the different buildings. There were people in the buildings, he knew, but the area around the Taylor mansion was basically on lockdown. 

"Put your masks on," William ordered pulling down his hood. 

The porcelain clicks of multiple masks reverberated against the quiet stone sidewalks which smothered the sounds.  The sun was setting and the streetlights flickered weakly. Eyes peered out at the men from between curtains. 

"It's not 'that woman'" Louis scowled, "She is someone brother holds very dearly,"

A chuckle was heard from William beneath his mask. 

Moran rolled his eyes. Flashbacks of Louise's amused face torturing him flashed across his vision. Now that her cover was busted, she would inevitably have to come with the Moriarty group. 

After what she had done to the small child, Moran still could not accept her. I need to give her a good scolding, William does, we all do, she needs to be taught our ways. Moan crossed his arms as they continued to walk in the shadows. 

"Brother-" Louis's whisper was caught off. 

BANG. BANG. BANG.