𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿:𝗳𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝘆

(this takes place before the events in cobra kai!)

Today was one of Laylas favorite days of the year.

Father's Day.

A day in which you honor your father and everything they've ever did for you. Layla loved Father's Day simply for the reason that Maverick would do anything and everything to keep Layla happy and safe. Which is why every year she had to go all out for her gifts. This year she was making a short film documenting all of their iconic moments together. From when Layla first started to walk, to her first day of school, to all of her birthdays.

It was about one in the afternoon and Maverick was still sleeping. Layla didn't mind though, since she figured it would be wrong of her if she got him up so early in the morning. But for someone to sleep this late? Layla was baffled. So about a half hour later when the sound of mavericks door finally opening Layla shut her laptop and took out the plates that was supposed to be breakfast. Now it was like some brunch.

"Morning dad! Happy Father's Day!" Layla beamed running over to give him a hug. Maverick hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

"You waited for me all this time? Waking me up exists too you know." Maverick commented looking around the house.

"I know, but I wanted to let you sleep on your big day. And I honestly didn't wake up until two hours ago." Layla replied shrugging. That wasn't completely a lie, since she did wake up at around eleven. She spent an hour cooking and another hour making the final touches to her video. Today was going to be perfect and she made sure of it.

"Sit down! You gotta be hungry after sleeping for that long."

"It's the most sleep I've gotten in weeks. and honestly, it feels kinda good. But yeah, I am hungry. You cooked all of this?" Maverick questioned.

"It took almost burning down the house to finally get it right. I'm surprised you didn't hear anything."

"I smelt smoke, but I assumed it was Johnny burning down his apartment and not you."

Johnny was Laylas next door neighbor and honestly kind of a weirdo. But Maverick saw something in Johnny that Layla didn't.

"Johnny burns down his apartment every other week. Why do you think he's never home?" Layla and Maverick shared a laugh at that. Layla loved moments like this. Her and her dad could never really spend time together because he was always working and providing for Layla. It was one of the main reasons she took Father's Day so seriously.

"Today is all about you. What do you wanna do today?" Layla questioned after they finished their food. Maverick simply shrugged.

"What I do every year. Spend time with you. And watch my favorite movies of course."

"Please don't let it be Top Gun again. It's a good movie and all, but watching it three years in a row really does something to a person." Layla commented sitting down on the couch. Maverick laughed and turned on the tv.