i. The Villain

Woo Do Hwan as Jax Woo/Ji Woo

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

I'm not the villain of this story

That's what Jax wanted to say, but did he have to say it? to his wife? She'd looked right into Sunghyun's eyes and called him Jax, piercing through the illusion faster and more thoroughly than Hana could.

How did you do that, yeobo?

Maybe that's what he'll start with, but his gaze fell to the bits of lace that clung to her skin for a dress, her bare finger assaulting him with the absence of her wedding ring like a physical blow. Her hair was different, now sleek and straight littered with a crown of wisteria petals that sparkled like delicate stars in the moonlight, Sarai preferred her natural curls, the curves of her body far too pronounced in a dress like that.

He had watched his wife sleep last night; she hadn't transformed into this sultry hotline bling version of herself in mere hours.

Wearing less and going out more... messing with champagne out on the dance floor, hanging with... Min Sunghyun!

By the time their gazes met, fury burning like fire under his skin, Jax was no longer wearing the shorter man's skin and Sarai was looking up at the man in the dark tux, perfect slicked back pompadour and slit almond-shaped dragon eyes, just as breathtakingly handsome as she remembered him, with a mix of fear and defiance in her eyes, her jaw set in a stubborn line. Her brow furrowed in determination as she pulled a loose wisteria petal from her silk-pressed hair falling halfway down her back. "I can explain," she muttered, her voice shaking with unspoken emotion,

"I am still your husband, Sarai," he growled, his voice low, intense, baritone deep, husky and wet like he was speaking right into her ear, heat building between her thighs as she clenched her teeth, lips trembling

Orbs of white-hot light flared around him when she whispered "And whose fault is that?", her voice even shakier as she glared angrily at the ground, an embarrassing soft cry of frustration making its way out of her thick parted lips as he pulled her impossibly closer, breath fanning over her lips.

He smirked darkly, eyes half-shut, beautifully even as he leaned in, the temptation of a kiss so potent he stiffly squared his shoulders, his lips hovering over hers. Sarai struggled to remain statue-still under Jax's watchful eyes, her eyes so big he could see the stars reflected in them shone back at him in stiff defiant rage, not even daring to breathe.

She was afraid she would do something insane if she took in another whiff of that scent.

He was teasing her, she was sure of it. Her cruel husband enjoyed setting her body on fire with promises he never would keep. His heart and his body were elsewhere, he was hers only in name, no matter how badly she craved, he made her crave otherwise. They've been married two years and some change, and they had only kissed once, at the wedding. Sarai wasn't a complete idiot, she knew her husband wasn't simply too busy for her, but his secrets, his sins...

"Fuck did you just say," Jax icily cussed and Sarai gasped at the slur. And what it was doing to her.

The tremor that crushed through her body like a meteor wasn't fear-based at all, it wasn't from the flash of lightning or the hot rain beating around them either, she wasn't so dumb that she could ignore their searing chemistry. She could tell her husband from a stranger just by his touch, his scent, a shift in the air, something Sarai only grew to detest because she knew. She knew. No matter how much and in which ways she wanted this man he would never be hers.