The Guillotine File

A boy sitting in a thunderous classroom looks out to the window next to him. His head follows a yellow balloon floating up to the sky a girl just let go. The boy sighs when the girl whines for her parents. He turns back to reality, the classroom. His name tag says 안현섭, AHN HYUNSEOP. Hyunseop looks up to the wall clock on his right and smirks. "BEEP" the bell rings. Hyunseop shoves his belongings in his backpack and heads out the door.

Hyunseop walks towards the nearby woods to relax. The woods always reminded him of his father who had passed. As he paced through the woods he smelt something appealing. It smelt oldy good, just as if it was fresh meat on a golden plate. He starts following the scent against his will. He feels his senses getting dull. His vision began to blur, his ears started to ring and loses consciousness.

Hyunseop wakes up in the middle of nowhere. Blood appears on his hands and the grass surrounding him. He was still in the woods, just far from where he was. He starts to anxiously shake. He touches his surroundings and feels something next to him. It felt solid yet slimy. He turns around and his heart skips a beat. He picks the bloody body part up. It was a baby boar. Hyunseop notices some parts taken out of the poor boar. The only thing left in it was bones and a dislocated heart. "CAW CAW!" a bird called. Hyunseop gasped. What was that, is that a crow? He thought to himself.

His ears started to ring again, however this time his hearing only became clearer. "CAW CAW"he hears again. This time was different, it sounded like it was trying to signal something to him. He decides to drop the baby boar and walk towards the direction of cawing. The opening of the endless loop of falling leaves and branches creaking was far but it was there. As Hyunseop runs towards the entrance he has walked in from a pigeon lands in front of him. "AHHH!" Hyunseop yelped "GET AWAY! YOU FLYING RAT!"

A handsome 6 feet tall man holding a briefcase walked up to Hyunseop and spoke, "Sorry Hyunseop, he must have scared you."

"Who are you, how do you know me?" Hyunseop asks repeatedly.

"I won't tell you who I am, it's you to figure out, call me VC, Vincent for now." Vincent started to say. "I need you to help me with a mission."

Hyunseop questions again, "What mission?"

"When you get there you'll see, a girl called Verona will lead you through everything." Vincent replies. "You have blood on you, did you fail to restrain yourself?" Vincent gets close to Hyunseop and takes a sniff. "Boar blood?"

Vincent sighs, "This isn't good. Hop in my car" Vincent says, dragging Hyunseop to a blue lamborghini parked right in the woods. He sends the pigeon off like it was going to know the way back home and shoves Hyunseop into the backseat.

He just sat in his car and looked out the window. Hyunseop sighs and smiles while looking up to the sky. The weather was good today, the sky was clear blue like crystals with scattered fluffy clouds. It was such a long ride he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

When he woke up he was in a completely different place. A very crusty and smelly place. His view was a blurry vision woman behind a jail cell, or was it him behind bars? He turned his head and saw Vincent. He blinked a few times and his vision became clearer. The woman was his mother, Eun Shiwoo. It was clear she was behind bars, two buff security guys were next to her on each side.

"Eomma..." Hyunseop calls sadly. "The first time in months I see you is with bars between us?? You're making my heart ache."

"Mom's sorry, she failed to protect you. Listen to whatever that lawyer tells you. Mom loves you."Shiwoo says gruntingly, pointing at Vincent.

Hyunseop watched his mother's pupils turn white. Shiwoo covers her ears hearing thunderous ringing. "MOM!" Hyunseop yells as he watches his mother hisses, snarls and grunts. Shiwoo's nails and tongue grew 5 inches long. Hyunseop freezes speechlessly. As Shiwoo starts vomiting her lunch out, the security guys that were next to her dragged her out of the visiting room.