5 Years

(A/N: I do not update regularly, and also have a Dabi fanfic in the works, so don't expect regular updates. If you didn't read the description, this is a male reader story, and takes place in a future AU that I came up with.)
Yume=your alias when you were on the Kira case. He still uses it as a nickname sometimes.

    5 years. That was a long time to me. 5 years ago today I saved L (my best friend and crush) from his almost inescapable doom. Me. I was the boy who saved the life of the world's greatest detective. That was a pretty big accomplishment if you ask me.

    I sat up, alone in my bed again. Of course I would be. L never sleeps, no matter how much I thought he should've. Sometimes it's worrying how little he sleeps. Oh well.

  I stood and stretched for a moment before getting ready for the day. I didn't have anything to do today, so I was going to try and help L with a new case he was working on.

   Yes, it is a hobby of mine to help solve cases with my crush, Detective L Lawliet.

   After getting dressed and taming my short, fluffy hair, I walked into the dining room, where L was sitting at his computer in his normal fashion. Knees up to his chest, and his thumb pressed to his lower lip. He was so cute. I felt my face heat up at the thought. I pushed my romantic feelings aside for a moment.

"How long were you awake?" I ask him, praying it wasn't too long, even though I knew the answer was not going to be to my liking.
"3:45 A.M.," He replied stoutly.
"Have you eaten anything yet this morning?" I interrogated once more.
"Not yet, why?"
"Oh my gods!" I threw my hands in the air, "You have to eat!"
"There's nothing good."
"I bet there is. What does Lawlipop want for breakfast?" I used his nickname, seeing as he wasn't speaking to anyone over the phone or on the computer.
"Something sweet, and I'll let you decide the rest, Yume. You're an excellent cook, you know."
"I know, thanks though."

   I moved to the kitchen, looking for something to scrape up for our breakfast. Lawliet was right. There was hardly anything in the cabinets or the fridge.

    I managed to find enough to make some pancakes for the two of us. I began to prepare the pancakes, as well as cutting up some strawberries. I finished stirring up the mix, and let the strawberries marinate in a combination of sugar and the strawberry juices while I fried the pancakes.

    After the pancakes were finished, I brought out some syrup and whipped cream. I gently placed the pancakes on plates for us, and drizzled them heavily in the sweet syrup. I gave the pancake on top of the small stack a large dollop of whipped cream. I slid the bowl of strawberries closer to me, and carefully placed them on and around the pancakes.

    Successfully created a beautiful breakfast of sugared strawberry pancakes! I brought each of the plates to the table, placing one in front of L and one across the table at my seat.

   "What do you think?" I asked after he had taken his first bite.
"It's wonderful, thank you Y/N," he said politely, shoving another bite into his mouth.

   I nodded a polite thank you and ate my breakfast.