𝑆𝑈𝑀𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝑆

Two weeks had passed since the girls had talked that night and they were two long, boring weeks

Savannah and Belly had been stuck doing debutant activities about every day, and Savannah hated it.

Sitting around, wearing a dress, and pretending to be the most well mannered girl is Cousins was dreadful.

What made it worse was the fact that her and Jeremiah's schedules couldn't be less compatible.

They hadn't seen each other very much since the book signing party, and both had such busy days now that they hardly noticed.

But today was Belly's sixteenth birthday and that meant the two of them would have clear schedules and the whole day to see each other.

Savannah ate her breakfast that morning before she ran upstairs and quickly got ready, throwing on a sage green romper with a blue bikini underneath, brushing her hair, and brushing her teeth.

After, she picked up her phone and saw she had gotten a text from Owen.

Owen 🙈
Hey, Sav, I was wondering
if you'd want to get
together sometime today?
I haven't seen you since I
got back home.

Sav 🦭
Yeah, definitely! It's one
of my friends birthdays
today, you should come
hang out with us for a few
hours.

Owen 🙈
Oh, no, if you're busy I
don't want to interfere
with your plans. We can
hang tomorrow.

Sav 🦭
No, Owen you're fine, I'll
ask Belly, She's been
dying to meet you. besides
it'll be good for you to
meet them before dance practice.

Owen 🙈
Alright, I'll head over
to your house in about an
hour?

Sav 🦭
Sounds good!

After getting the okay from Belly, Savannah walked back over to her bed and flopped down on it, scrolling through tiktok.

Today was going to be interesting to say the least. One of Belly's best friends from home, Taylor Jewel, was coming to visit for her birthday.

Savannah had never been a huge fan of Taylor, granted she'd only ever met her once, when they were fourteen.

Taylor had visited Cousins for Belly's fourteenth birthday and the whole time she had been all over Jeremiah, in every way. She flirted with him the entire time, and Jere being Jere, he played along with it.

He hadn't noticed that his best friend disappeared halfway through the night. Sitting in Conrad's room, silently sobbing while he rubbed her back.