38

Hannah walks out of the terminal and is almost too scared to raise her head to look for him. She knows she has to though, so she slowly lifts her head and scans the crowd. It takes her all of two seconds to connect eyes with him, even though he's wearing a mask. She'd recognize those eyes anywhere. Her heart is pounding and racing and she feels butterflies in her stomach and heat washing through her body. She feels like she could puke! She's frozen in her spot as they stare at each other from across the waiting area. He looks the same, hair a tad longer which she knew from FaceTime, but seeing him in person after almost a year was way different than through a screen. He is so handsome. The most handsome man she's ever seen in her life to be exact. He then starts to walk toward her. She stays glued to the floor, eyes locked with his, body shaking so bad she swears everyone can see it. It feels like slow motion as he's walking toward her, when in reality it's a handful of seconds. Once he's in front of her, she can see him up close and she stops breathing. He pulls down his mask, smiles and warmly says, "hi Hannah." She gulps but doesn't speak. She can't find words and only stares at his beautiful face. He chuckles and tilts his head a little . He reaches his hand out to touch her arm and she feels electricity run through her body at his touch, making her jump and snap out of her daze. "You ok Hannah?" He asks as he quickly pulls his hand back, thinking him touching her was too much by her reaction. She releases the breath she's been holding and nods. She looks down to gather her composure and with another deep breath she looks up again. "Hey...." That's all she can manage to spit out.

Jungkooks heart is beating a million miles a minute and he knows she can probably see the sweat on his forehead because he's so nervous. But he can clearly see she is too. She looks incredible. She's changed but he knew this already. She still had her blonde hair but instead of the platinum highlights she used to have, she now has Carmel highlights as well. It makes her look very sophisticated and professional. She is just so beautiful to him. She is wearing her glasses since wearing contacts for eleven hours and sleeping in them isn't a good idea. He loves her in her glasses, she looks so sweet and innocent. Adorable. He didn't know how long they stood there looking at each other but he knows they need to go so they can get her bag from baggage claim, and he's sure she's exhausted. "You ready to go?" He asks. Hannah slowly nods and he chuckles and nods. "Alright. Come on." He pulls his mask back up and leads her through the airport to baggage claim and they stand in front of the belt to watch for her bag. "What does your bag look like?" Jungkook asks as they both watch the belt. "U-Um....it's...blue.....there!" She yells and points to an aqua blue case that just popped out. He quickly goes to grab it before she can and sits it down. He looks at her reaching out for it and smiles, she can tell by his eyes. "I've got it. Come on." He nods his head toward the exit and she follows silently. Both of them don't speak as they walk through the airport and out to the garage to his personal car. They're both so nervous. "Here I am" Jungkook states and pushes the unlock button on his key vob that flashes his lights, showing Hannah which one is his. "This is a nice car" she says softly as he loads her bag in his trunk. He jogs around to her side and stands close beside her. "Thanks, it's new. I don't drive it much because I usually have a driver, but it's night and....I didn't want anyone else to be here, so I drove it. I got it a couple of months ago." His scent invades her and she's lost in the smell of musk and vanilla that she had come to love. He quickly opens her door for her before she can, and steps back to let her get in. Once in, he shuts the door and runs to his side and gets in. He pushes a button and the car came to life. After taking his mask off and them both buckling their seats belts he looks at her and asks, "ready?" She nods and very softly replies, "yes." He nods and smiles wider than before and puts the car in drive and takes off.

The ride was awkward for them at first. It was so quiet. Jungkook decides to break the ice when he glances over and notices her digging her fingernails into her bag. He knows this was a habit she has when she is really nervous. "Do you want to listen to some music or anything?" She glances at him, catching his eye, then quickly looks back down at her bag. "It's up to you. I don't mind either way." He nods but doesn't turn it on. He takes another breath. "We can talk on the way if you'd like? Try to break the nervous atmosphere that's kind of heavy in the car right now." Hannah laughs a little at Jungkooks blunt, but humorous way he was trying to defuse the awkwardness. "Sure. We can talk." They causally talk about nothing really for the twenty five minute drive to the hotel. He pulls up and puts the car in park and turns it off. They sit for a moment in silence again and Hannah then grabs the handle to get out. "T-thank you for picking me up so late. I'm sorry if you don't get enough sleep now because of me." He nods and before he can say anything she's climbing out of the car. He quickly jumps out and gets her bag from his trunk and pulls the handle up for her. She grabs it and tries to pull it to her when Jungkook pulls it to him. Hannah looks at him puzzled as he's staring at the ground. "Can I....can I have my bag Jungkook?" He looks up at her and she can see the pain in his eyes. Without warning he crashes his body into hers and envelopes her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry if I'm overstepping, but I had to hug you" he whispers against her hair. Hannah melts in his arms. She slowly reaches up and wraps her arms around his back. When she did this he squeezes her tighter. She feels him bury his face in her neck and then he says, "I've missed you so much Hannah. You have no idea." She tries to push back tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes. She doesn't want to cry in front of him. "I missed you too" she answers back honestly. She wasn't going to lie, she couldn't. He can see right through her anyway. She missed his touch so much. How safe she felt in his embrace.