The Crush

Emily walked through the house looking for a certain curly haired nerd. She needed a ride for one of her many dates she attended every week. She was a hopeless romantic and heartbreaker. 

  "Oh Viktor!!!!" She yelled throughout the empty halls with a green purse in hand. She frowned in annoyance when there wasn't a response back. She scoffed a little as she continued to yell for Viktor walking down the halls and pasted the front door, until she noticed it was slightly opened. Emily opened the door completely and peaked her head out the door. She saw Isaac leaning against his car talking to a pair of legs and boots who were under his car working on it. It was Viktor.  Emily scrunched her nose up in annoyance and walked outside towards the two who were still talking, but ended up stopping when they heard the tapping of Emily's heels hitting the concrete path.

 "So do you think you will have this baby working by tonight- oh hey Emily," Isaac said looking up at Emily who was standing in front of them with her arms crossed up. 

  "You are all dressed up, are you going on a date or something?" 

 "Yeah I am, but I'm just waiting for my ride," Emily said with an attitude looking down at Viktor who was still under the car.

  "Oh shit the date- ow!" Viktor yelled as they accidentally hit their head against the car. They promised to give Emily a ride to her date today, but they totally forgot about it. 

 "Sorry I totally forgot Emily, let me get out from under the car and we can go," They said as they pushed themselves out from under the car.

 "Yeah you are gonna to be sorryyyy," Emily flustered as she looked at Viktor who was completely out from under the car, sweating and dirty from working on it for hours. Maybe it was how the sun hit them to make them look so attractive, how it made the sweat that fell down their toned arms and long face to glow in such a way they couldn't describe it. Her face got redder as she continued to stare at them.

 "Wait you two are on a date-"

"NO, no never, pfft, why would me and Viktor ever go on a date?" Emily laughed nonchalantly , quickly hiding her already red face.

"Yeah, plus Emily isn't even my type," Viktor said, adding on to Emily's answer. This crushed her heart a little. "I'm just giving her a ride to her date and then I'll be back," they added as they grabbed their car keys from within their pants pocket. 

"Let's go Em," They said as they walked past Emily who was still standing in place with a still red face.

"Are you ready to go or are you going to stand there looking pretty?" Viktor teased Emily who felt butterflies in her stomach just being called "pretty."

"No, no, no, I'm ready to go," Emily said, making her way around the van to the passenger seat and getting in. 

"Alright let's go then," Viktor said as they started the van and headed down the road to the restaurant.

Ten minutes passed and there was silence between them. There was often silence between these two since they didn't know each other that much and the silence never bothered them, well until now. 

It bothered Emily.

Emily was scrunched up in her seat, face still red, but lightened up a bit. She was trying hard not to stare or even look at Viktor. She didn't understand why or even how this was affecting her this badly, yes she had instant crushes in the past, but they never did this to her, especially someone like Viktor. She didn't like emo-looking rude nerd who had the prettiest pair of brown eyes with the softest looking hair- wait- gosh!! She thought as she slightly gripped her hair from her embarrassment, she was only making it worse.