𝟬𝟮

→ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰; 𝗷𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺𝘀

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.

Stars Hollow was that picture-perfect kind of town and Ivy never realized it until she was finally driving through it again after being gone for so long. She smiled as she looked out her window, recognizing almost half of the people who were out and about walking along the sidewalks and coming out of the little shops.

"Everyone looks like they just walked out of a Hallmark movie," Angelica commented, her eyes focused on everything outside of the window.

Ivy sighed, her nerves climbing as they drove down her street. "You have no idea."

As soon as the car parked, she saw her front door swing open and her mom come bursting out of the house and down the porch. Ivy smiled and exited the car, heading straight for her mom's open arms.

"Remind me to never leave you again for longer than three months." Ivy breathed as she sunk into her mom's arms. She knew it wasn't possible seeing as she was leaving for college in a year, but a girl could dream.

Lorelai ran a hand down her long dark hair. "Noted."

She had helped Ivy retrieve her belongings and thanked Yazmin's dad for making the drive to get all of the girls before they retreated into the house. Ivy took a deep breath, content with the usual homey smell of her house before she dropped her things off in her bedroom.

"So, I was thinking of a little walk around town so that we could finally catch up on everything," Lorelai said, leaning against the door frame as Ivy put all of her bags onto her bed. "Taylor started setting up for the End of Summer Festival so we can check that out, too."

Ivy nodded and began unraveling her braid. "Sounds good. I'll just go change before we head out."

"What you have on is fine, Ivy," Lorelai told her as she was sorting through the mail on the kitchen table. "It's not like we're gonna see anyone."

"Yea ... I know. I've just been wearing this the whole car ride." Ivy told her before popping back into her room and grabbing a pair of jeans and a flowy tank top where the straps came up and tied around her shoulders like thick bows.

She left her hair down in waves since it dried in a braid and shoved her cell in her back pocket.

"Ready?" Lorelai asked as she grabbed her shoulder bag and put her white bucket hat back on. Ivy smiled and nodded and Lorelai linked her arm with hers and they began their journey into town.

Ivy felt sick the entire time there. The conversation with her mom helped a little but she couldn't stop thinking about the people she would be seeing on her walk through town. She hadn't been back since she up and left unexpectedly right after Sookie's wedding with only a goodbye to her mom and sister.