Chapter 13: Escape Plan

During the Night, Rex awoke, he shot up when he saw that Ethan was missing from where he slept. He looked around and saw him sitting by the shore. He looked troubled. Rex walked to him and sat beside him.

"Hey," Ethan whispered.

Rex looked at his friend, he could tell there was things on his mind.

Rex asked in a low growl, What was wrong.

"I'm worried, I'm worried that I'll lead this team astray as well, I mean, none of this would happened if we didn't go in and out of my Headquarters so much, if it wasn't for that we'd all be back at my Headquarters, and no one would be kidnapped," Ethan explained.

"You sound like my brother," Brandon mentioned.

Ethan quickly turned around hearing Brandon suddenly talk.

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you," Ethan stated.

"It's fine, I wasn't sleeping well, anyway. So, What's this about getting them kidnapped?" Brandon replied.

"Well, I just feel like I led them astray, I mean if I had told them to stop going in and out of my Headquarters, then we never would have gotten separated, not to mention in the past 24 hours, I've almost lost the life of my best friend, myself, and the Campers," Ethan eludicated.

"Hey, you're getting a second chance, and I'm pretty sure that something else would have gone wrong, don't worry about it," Brandon reassured.

"You're probably right, but you can't blame me for getting guilty for it," Ethan agreed.

"No, I can't," Brandon added.

"Hey, I missed you, boy," Ethan said to Rex petting him.

"So how did you two meet?" Brandon asked.

"We met when me and the others found him hurt in the desert, and I healed him up, we kind of developed a relationship afterwards," Ethan explained.

"Ah, I guess Dinosaurs becoming un-extinct was, at least, good for some reason. Well, I'm going to head back to bed," Brandon responded.

"Yeah, good night," Ethan answered.

Brandon went back and laid down. Ethan went looked down to Rex. Rex motioned for him to head back to bed as well but Ethan shook his head. Rex rolled his eyes agitated that Ethan was refusing to get some sleep. Ethan would need it for what was gonna happen tomorrow.

"I'm not tired," Ethan warned.

Rex gave him a furious look.

"I know, you are worried I'll be tired by morning. I won't, and I'll probably stay up all night," Ethan stated.

Rex stared at him, and Ethan stared back.

15-20 minutes later, Ethan was out and laying on the shore.

The Water would move forward and wet Ethan's hair and then move back.

The next day. Roxie awoke first, she woke up to Leo licking her awake, and went to wake Dave.

"Dave, wake up," Roxie commanded.

"Aw, man, I was loving the dream that I was having, it was lovely," Dave said groggily.

"You can tell us later, we need to wake everyone up," Roxie warned.

"Alright," Dave agreed.

Dave shook Brandon awake.

"We have to get up already?" Brandon questioned.