𝟎𝟒 sex, drugs, etc.

( sex, drugs, etc. ── beach weather )

❛ break the air to feel the fall
or just feel anything at all ❜

❛ break the air to feel the fallor just feel anything at all ❜

susannah gave the boys detailed instructions. she told them to invite the two girls to the bonfire and make sure they have fun. while they were doing the inviting it was pretty obvious that someone made them do it because the boys would never ever invite one of the girls to join them.

both piper and sadie decided to come simply because they weren't in the mood to stay with the moms in the summer house, even if it meant completely leaving belly out of the picture.

they drove in separate cars and as soon as they arrived at the beach piper dipped leaving sadie all by herself for the time being. conrad and steven were preoccupied with the girls, but jeremiah made an effort to keep the younger crawford girl company. he went back and forth between sadie and some other girl. he didn't want to leave her completely alone but when duty called he didn't look back when he walked away, even though he wanted to.

"what were we talking about again?" jeremiah questioned once he joined sadie again. the girl rolled her eyes, taking a gulp of her beer. she was annoyed, to say the least, "if you wanna hang out with your girlfriend, be my guest. i don't care." she did care. the sound of waves made her look in the direction of the sea, an excuse not to look into jeremiah's intense blue eyes.

he chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his neck, "she's not my girlfriend." he admitted sheepishly. sadie didn't look at him, she wouldn't dare. even though her feelings for jeremiah were long gone, every time he would give her that look, the look like she's the only girl in the world, she felt the old butterflies resurface. she absolutely hated that feeling.

"maybe you should tell her that," the girl shot back. she looked in the direction where jere's self-proclaimed girlfriend stood, already sending daggers sadie's way. jeremiah followed her gaze, a tight-lipped smile on his face, "oh c'mon, gigi's just a friend."

sadie took another sip of the beer. maybe she was pushing it with the alcohol tonight, testing her limits. "so am i." jeremiah would lie if he said that those simple three words didn't hurt. since he was a kid he had this hope in his heart that sadie would one day see him as more than a friend. but she never did, and she never will.

they sat there in silence for a few minutes, just listening to the waves and the chatter around them. "i didn't know you drank," he admitted, eyeing the, now, empty bottle of beer in her hand. she removed her gaze from the ocean and looked at him. "i didn't know you didn't," she cleverly shot back.

"i do," he simply told, his gaze not leaving her own. she nodded her head, bringing her knees closer to her chest, "not tonight though?" jeremiah shot her a look like it was obvious, and maybe it was but the alcohol was affecting the part of her brain that used logic. "i'm the dd for the night."

"right." and there it was, that silence again. it didn't use to be this like this between them when they were younger. then again, it's been a few years since they last saw each other and time changes people. sadie was different than before, they all were but there was something about the look in her eyes that bothered jeremiah.

that look, that blank look sadie was giving everyone when she looked at them was bothering jeremiah because he wasn't familiar with it, especially when it came from her.

her look used to be different. it used to be this warm blue-green ocean that showed you where home is. her look used to be so full of love and life and when you'd look into her eyes it's like you found a new reason to live, a new reason to continue going forwards.

and now it was gone, replaced by a heavy storm that just never seems to stop.

"it that belly?" sadie's words interrupted the silence. he followed her gaze and indeed it was belly. she was getting up from the sand and immediately starting an uncalled fight with conrad.

the pair stood up and jeremiah jogged to the girl, "belly!" sadie followed him. "you came! great, we can all hang out, you guys." he flashed everyone one of those iconic jeremiah breathtaking smiles. "i'm about to take her home," steven quickly cut in.

"what?" jere tried to protest but steven was quick to argue, "yeah, we're leaving. are you kidding me?" he pulled belly by her arm, probably ready to take her home kicking and screaming. jeremiah pushed steven's hand off, "okay, steven, chill out. come on. go-go hang out with shayla or something."

they both looked at the girl next to him, "let's go." the brother debated for a second before giving in, "come on. fine. but just stay right here and don't talk to anybody," he instructed belly. steven left with the girl, shayla, but belly wasn't over it, "fսck you!" the girl yelled after her brother sending him the finger.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ⎯⎯ㅤㅤNESSA'S NOTES!
i know i said there won't be a new chapter till tomorrow but i just hated the last one so much i had to post this one to make up for the last one.

i am actively working on making a new cover, but that might take awhile. if, by any chance, someone is open to make a cover it would be greatly appreciated.

don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter, until next time (this time fr lol) mwah!