CATALINA !

TRIGGER WARNING:

mention of sexual abuse, depression,
swearing, drug use and underage drinking

INTRODUCTION !

CATALINA SWAN was an accumulation of all those who had raised her. Handpicking parts of those closest to her like she would apples from a tree. From her mother: the ability to apply mascara in a moving car ( perhaps her proudest achievement to date! ) and her confidence that never seemed to waiver. From her father: his love for drinking coffee at first light on the front porch, and his almost ever - present comforting nature. From her sister: her love of reading and the need for her hair to be out of her face - always.

From Billy Black, the ability to name all types of plant and her love for the beach. From Sam Uley: the protection he seemed to exude and the snort that sometimes came at the end of her laugh. From her Grandmother who lived but three doors down and gave her a tarot readings every night before bed when she would stay in the rickety old room above the kitchen. Who wore leather jackets and red lipstick even when her hair turned grey and her bones began to ache and who had the uncanny ability to predict the weather. More than anyone, Catalina wanted to be like her Gran when she grew up, something she found she had no choice in at the mere tender age of eleven.

Catalina Swan was a mosaic of all those who had come before her - who knew her when she wore mismatching socks and messy plaits ( Charlie really did try his best! ) and had the patience to soothe her tears when she scraped her knees and left a dollar under her pillow when the tooth fairy came.

Perhaps that was always why everyone always expected a lot from Catalina Swan, most of all Grandma Swan. To see yourself so vibrantly in someone else, one can only wish they achieve what you did not. But sometimes she liked to remind everyone that she was just a girl. She was just a girl who sometimes said the wrong thing, and laughed too loudly and liked boys a little too much and played with their hearts until they couldn't tell when hers ended and theirs began ( here lies Paul Lahote's heart, gone but never forgotten ) and lied and lied again. 

Charlie Swan, however, had been proud of his eldest daughter since he met her, he needed no consolidation - his little girl was going to change the world ( and even if she didn't? he'd still love her all the same ).

You were the happiest baby - a smile brighter than the sun, my golden girl. Charlie would tell her when he drank a few too many beers, and she'd smile - taking the empty can from his hand. What's not to smile at? Lie and lie again - remember? No parent needs to know their child is upset, least of all Charlie Swan who would tear up the world for his daughters.

Catalina Swan was born just minutes before Isabella Swan. She didn't enter the world with a scream that would ricochet off the walls like her sister would, but with a smile and an attempt at a laugh as she was met with the sight of her father ( who had a moustache even then ). It was like she knew who he was, with his instantly adoring eyes while her mother lay exhausted in the bed. Of course I knew who you were Catalina had declared one night not too long ago You're my dad. Our souls know each other.

Charlie Swan held Catalina Swan as her sister was welcomed into the world, swaddled in a sweet white blanket that was still around the house somewhere. His hand cradled her against his chest, almost as big as her. My golden girl was so small I was scared I was going to squash you. And when Bella took her first breath her screams and cries bounced around the room, Cata smiled wider.

Isabella Swan did not allow her cries to be settled, her eyes darting around the room earnestly. She was looking for you. she's always looking for you.

And when Renee had finally relented in her desperate rocking of her younger child, Charlie stepped forward and placed his eldest and youngest together in the crib. And the cries ceased and Isabella smiled.

If our souls know each other yours are intertwined.

LET ME GET WHAT I WANT, THIS TIME.

STARRING !

CATALINA 'CATA' SWAN
[benedetta porcaroli]
'WICCA BITCH'

PAUL LAHOTE[alex meraz]'SOMEBODY PUT THE DOG ON A LEASH'

PAUL LAHOTE
[alex meraz]
'SOMEBODY PUT THE DOG ON A LEASH'

PAUL LAHOTE[alex meraz]'SOMEBODY PUT THE DOG ON A LEASH'

WITH...
rachel kellerGENEVIEVE PALMER
fivel stewartNELL CAMERON
kristen stewartISABELLA SWAN
billy burkCHARLIE SWAN
nikki reedROSALIE HALE
marisa tomeiMARIPOSA FALLOWS
&&&others