Chapter 1

_______________________

INGAWA, KATSINA STATE

DECEMBER 5TH 2018
_______________________

"Arrgh, when will we leave this Godforsaken village, haba! How am I going to survive three good days without any network on my phone"Amna said harshly not caring about the people that where in the same room with her.

"Ingawa is not a village" Ikram said defensively. It was time for asr prayers, all the men had gone to the mosque to pray while the women and the young children went to their various rooms to pray. The teanage girls also came to their room and where about to pray but Amna was busy distracting them.

Amna ignored her cousin and continued "just look at how my flawless skin has changed because of the dirty water that's full of germs in this stupid village subhallahi!!! I don't know why Abba likes coming here" she stomps her foot on the floor dramatically and folded her arms.

"Ohoo dey wether you like it or not, they gave birth to you in this 'village' that you loath so much. Ingawa is your Father's mother land So you don't expect him to neglect it just because it doesn't suit your standards" Atiqa, Ikram's elder sister fired back at Amna, even though she spoke calmly.

"Keh! Blaba mouth better mind your business, was I talking to you" Amna pointed her index finger at Atiqa that was 6years older than her. Atiqa wasn't surprised at how Amna is being disrespectful, she had already gotten use to her new found behavior, Atiqa was sure that she had already pushed the right button so she ignored whatever Amna said after wards.

Amna hated to be reminded that her mom gave birth to her in Ingawa, so she went on to tell her friends lies about her birth place. She hisses and glared at her cousin before turning back to her sister " Keh Min'ama where is your power bank"

Min'ama just shrugged "I left it in Kaduna"

"What!!! I thought I told to bring it along with you, you know how they don't bring light often in this place" Amna gestures to the room with her hands in a disgusted manner.

"Please, don't disturb me, was I the one who asked you to buy iphone, how many times did Abba warned you about that phone but you insisted on buying just because all your mate have Iphone" Min'ama said the last part loudly just to mock her sister "So now that you've seen the disadvantage, you want to come and disturb my life, it's not like you're paying me anytime you use my power bank so please let me rest"

"See this Stupid girl, just because I'm using your outdated power bank, you want to humiliate me bah, so I've now become your mate"

Min'ama only pushed her lips forward with a deep frown.

"Sena mareki(I'll Slap you)" Amna raised her hands in a threatening manner but Min'ama dodged and ran out of the room.

"Ha'a Amna instead of you to pray, you're here ranting unnecessarily, time is going fah" Atiqa said while folding her prayer mat.

"IKon Allah, why is everybody in my business neh wai, Keh Atiqa why are you so obsessed with me, I'm I praying for you" Amna gave Atiqa a once over with a devilish smile "no wonder you're still single uh, a 23years old but no sign of any upcoming wedding, even if I where a man, I wouldn't want to marry someone like you. Upon being an ugly fat face, you still have the audacity to poke your nose in what doesn't concern you"Amna spat.

Ikram winced at the insult that was thrown at her sister, she stood up with full force ready to pounce on Amna but Atiqa stopped her "Adda please leave me, didn't you here what she said"