Growing Up

As expected, the news of Naboo's new princess spread throughout the Galaxy. Everyone was excited to see her for the first time, and to find out what kind of magic she would potentially have.

Of course, Padme worried about her baby's safety for the same reasons Anakin did. And since neither of them had magic of their own (unless being extremely powerful in the Force counts), they consulted the royal families of Mythiria, who were experts on magic, and were the only ones they confided in about Anakin being the father.

It was spread all over the news very quickly that Queen Amidala's new baby was born. Everyone was so eager to meet the new princess. But, before introducing the baby to the rest of the galaxy, a ball was held at the palace to introduce the baby to the Senate and royal families from the Enchantra system.

Everyone came bearing gifts for the child. Clothes, flowers, toys, and a few things that would come in handy when the baby got older.

Naturally, as Former Senator to Naboo and highest ranking member of the Galactic Senate, Chancellor Palpatine approached first to meet the newborn princess.

"Dearest Queen Amidala," said the chancellor. "Allow me to wish my sincerest congratulations to you on the safe, healthy birth of your daughter."

The chancellor glanced into the bassinet where the baby lay asleep, just starting to wake up, and he asked Padme if he could hold her. So, Padme consented. But when Palpatine held the baby in his arms, she took one look at him and started crying. The chancellor tried rocking her, but she only cried louder and started screaming and kicking, so Padme quickly took the baby into her own arms and tried to calm her down.

"I don't think the baby likes the chancellor very much," said a six-year-old Fantasia to her mother, who was expecting her second foal.

Fantasia trotted up and bowed to Padme and the baby.

"Hi, I'm Fantasia Saddleheart, the princess of Equinaro." Fantasia introduced. "Is Princess Gabriella okay?"

Padme was still gently bouncing Gabby, who slowly stopped crying, but then he baby started to smile and laugh when she saw the pretty pony nearby. Curious, Fantasia took a couple steps forward, and the baby got more excited and started reaching out for her.

"Oh, do you like the pretty pony, Sweetie?" Padme cooed. Gabby just cooed and giggled cutely at the pretty pony before her.

So, Fantasia got a little closer and carefully familiarized herself with the baby's scent, and Padme helped show Gabby how to pet Fantasia on her muzzle. Gabby was introduced to Queen Reigna and King Orpheus too, and she became even happier as she met all the pretty horses.

Gabby was introduced to the other royal families of Mythiria. She met Dracona and her older siblings Char, Arden, and Ginger. Then, she met Memoria and her older sister Esther. Then she met the Harichandra family, and she met griffin Prince Gus and his big family from the kingdom of Plumalas. His older sisters were named Gardenia, Greta, and Gracelyn, and his two younger sisters Gwendolyn and Geneva. Then there was Wysteria and the royal family of frozen kingdom Frianieve, and of course Vivian's family.

Gabby looked at Vivian as she sniffed the little baby. Gabby thought she was a big dog at first, being a baby, but Vivian told her she was a viventia. And even though her family was made of wild beasts, they were actually a very friendly bunch.

Of course, Padme didn't forget to introduce Gabby to other Senators.

Gabby was very curious about Rodian Senator Onaconda Farr, and then she met Bail Organa and his wife Breha. Very much like the Jedi, it was hard to find a senator who could look at the baby princess and not smile instantly, especially when she smiled and shined her beautiful green eyes.