Chapter 11: Protect Chaeyoung from Jungkook!

"Mr Jeon, are you looking for me?" Chaeyoung asked after she went into his office. He had called his secretary to call for her.

"Yes, remember we are supposed to have a lunch together? Are you free today?"

"Yes. I can make it today."

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Upon seeing Jungkook, the waiter guided him into the posh restaurant and Chaeyoung simply followed behind them.

"Dad, Mum." Jungkook greeted when they reached a table. Chaeyoung widened her eyes in surprise, she's having lunch with Jungkook's parents?

"Dad, mum, this is Chaeyoung." Jungkook introduced as he pulled out a chair for Chaeyoung.

"Good afternoon Mr Jeon and Mrs Jeon." Chaeyoung quickly greeted and bowed even though she hadn't recovered from her shock. She has great manners and PR skills after all.

Jungkook's parents were surprised that Jungkook had brought a girl along for lunch. This is the first time. But they needed to find out more about this girl.

Jungkook quickly placed orders for their lunch, without asking Chaeyoung what she would like to eat. He knew her preference anyway. In his parents' eyes, it looked like they are very close and Jungkook knows Chaeyoung very well.

"Chaeyoung-ssi, what do you do?" Jungkook's mum asked as they were having lunch.

"I am a designer."

"Oh, you are the designer who secured our partnership with RM Department store recently?" Jungkook's mum sounded surprised.

"Yes, but it was a team effort, I was just lucky enough to be part of the team." Chaeyoung replied humbly.

"Who do you have in your family?" Jungkook's mum nodded and continued asking.

Jungkook cleared his throat, "Eomma."

"Why? Can't I speak to Chaeyoung?" Jungkook's mum stared at him for a few seconds before softening her gaze when she turned to Chaeyoung again, "don't mind my son.. so, who do you have in your family?"

Chaeyoung smiled and replied, "it's okay, I have a grandpa, my parents and a younger brother."

"What does your family do?"

"Oh.. my family is very simple, they live in a village in Busan and my parents manage crops there."

"Oh I see.." Jungkook's mum nodded and stopped asking further.

The atmosphere turned a little awkward and Chaeyoung  just could not wait for the lunch to be over.

:::::::::::::::::::::

"Mr Jeon, why were we having lunch with your parents?" Chaeyoung asked. She felt that it was a strange setting and Jungkook had tricked her into it, although she's unsure of the reason why.

"They wanted to matchmake me with another lady over lunch again. So I said I am meeting you for lunch to turn down the matchmaking session. They insisted to come along. You owe me a favour right? I helped you by acting as your boyfriend in front of your family before, so this is a small favour to ask from you, isn't it?" Jungkook stated as if it's a matter of fact.

"You helped me?" Chaeyoung was confused as she couldn't get what Jungkook was thinking. Wasn't he the one who suggested acting when they were in Busan, to help him hide his identity as the CEO?

"Yah, are you questioning your boss?"

"No.." Chaeyoung lowered her head and voice, for fear of offending her boss. She didn't see how a smirk appeared on Jungkook's face.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dinner time at Jeon mansion

"Jungkook ah, is Chaeyoung your girlfriend?" Jungkook's mum asked in a concerned tone.

"Not yet." Jungkook replied frankly to let his parents know his intention of dating Chaeyoung.

"She doesn't come from a rich family background right?" Jungkook's mum asked again.

This was what Jungkook was worried about. He took a deep breath and explained about Chaeyoung's past to his mum, including how her identity was swopped, how her sister plotted against her to leave Park family, without hiding anything. He wants his mum to accept Chaeyoung wholeheartedly so he had to convince his mum.

"Chaeyoung sounds like she came from a tough background." Jungkook's mum said after hearing from Jungkook.

"Yes. Eomma, she was also the girl from two years ago..." Jungkook said earnestly, his eyes looking deeply into his mum's eyes.

Jungkook's parents were surprised. They knew that their son was obsessed over looking for this woman he mentioned, but he had never met her again after that incident two years ago. This was why they thought of arranging matchmaking sessions for him to help him forget about this girl. But they never thought that he would really meet her again.

"Even with all the hardship she went through, Chaeyoung was still very kind, very down to earth. She worked very hard and supported herself to learn design without taking a single cent from her family. She also treasures and loves her family in Busan and took care of them even though they are not her biological parents. Even when she was misunderstood, she never thought of hurting anyone else-"

Jungkook's parents started laughing, confusing Jungkook. Their son has always been cool, confident. It's the first time they have seen him flustered, trying his best to explain so much.

"Then when are you going to make her yours? Such a good girl will be off the shelf very soon. You have to act fast." Jungkook's dad asked.

"Hubby, Chaeyoung may not even like our son. She's so good, why would she fancy our brat?" Jungkook's mum said in a nonchalant tone as she continued eating.

"Eomma! What's wrong with me? And.. you don't object to me dating her?" Jungkook asked in disbelief.

"Why would we? You said she's a good girl right? Then hurry make her our daughter-in-law!" Jungkook's mum stared at him, despising her own son for his slow speed.

In fact, after the lunch, Jungkook's parents have already investigated Chaeyoung's background and even spoke to Jungkook's personal assistant, Taehyung. They are not particular about their daughter-in-law coming from a rich background. They believe more in having a good character. When his mum first heard Chaeyoung came from a village, she was a bit concerned about Chaeyoung cheating Jungkook of his feelings and money. But from what Taehyung told them, "Jungkook is really pathetic, he has been using shameless methods and has been lying to Chaeyoung to spend more time with her. And poor Chaeyoung didn't even realize!" Finally Taehyung can complain about Jungkook to someone.

Now, Jungkook's parents are more worried that their future daughter-in-law Chaeyoung would be tricked by Jungkook. They made a mental note to protect Chaeyoung from Jungkook!