Story

The Clone Wars, were a significant, galactic-spanning conflict, between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which had declared a state of independence from the Republic. Also referred to as the Clone Wars, it was named after the army of clone troopers used by the Republic against the Confederacy's battle droid army. With both being fielded in enormous numbers by each respective side, the Grand Army of the Republic and the Separatist Droid Army were two of the largest military forces in the galactic history, and fighting between them swept through the galaxy upon the outbreak of war in 22 BBY.

Prior to the conflict, Darth Sidious, under his alter ego Sheev Palpatine, had spent years amassing political power, eventually rising to become the Republic's Supreme Chancellor. Through his Sith apprentice Count Dooku, he sparked the Separatisr Crisis, causing thousands of Republic star systems to secede and form a new govenrment as the Confederacy. with Dooku as its Head of State.

Beginning with the First Battle of Geonosis, the conflict quickly spread throughout the galaxy with both sides scoring significant victories. At different points in the war it seemed that either side was likely to triumph over the other. At the war's outset, both sides vied for control of major hyperspace lanes to gain strategic advantage. That particular struggle ended with a Republic victory when "Jedi Knight, Anakin Skywalker" and his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, secured an alliance between the Republic and the Hutt Clan.

Battles, skirmishes, raids and other actions continued for the next two years, with notable battles occurring on Ryloth, Felucia Malastare, and Kamino. During this time, the Separatists developed various super weapons, including more traditional weapons such as the "Ion Cannons" of the battle ship "Malevolence", as well as a biological weapons such as a variant of the "Blue Shadow Virus". Meanwhile, the Republic launched several key offensives, including the Second Battle of Geonosis, which obliterated Geonosis' battle-droid foundaries, and a failed Jedi-led operation to capture Supreme Commander of the Droid Army General Grievous at Saleucami. Amidst the escalating conflict, many planets-including Mandalor and other members of the Council of Neutral Systems-struggled to maintain their neutrality, but dound it difficult to escape the carnage.

Over a year into the war, Republic Senator Padmé Amidala and Separatist Senator Mina Bontery collaborated on an iniriative to end the fighting. However, their collaboration ended after Dooku and Frievouse' bombing of the Republic capital on coruscant. Later, a peace conference on Mandalore also failed to resolve the conflict. With no end in sight, the Jedi worked with local militaries, including Mon Cala's military and Naboo's Gungan Grand Army, and covertly trained an insurgent rebel cell to retake Onderon from Separatist occupation. Similarly, the Confederacy relied upon factions such as the Umbaran Militia and the Zygerrian Slave Empire. Furthermore, a proxy war materialized when Mother Talzin and her son, the now rogue Sith Lord "Maul", strove to exact their revenge on both the Sith and the Jedi.